Happy 4th Blog Anniversary! Today I am celebrating the launch of ReLakhs.com like I do every year in June. Each blog anniversary is a huge milestone for me and the 4th birthday is no exception.
I always have this strange perception/feeling that something is going to happen in June. The major turning points of my life have happened in this month only.
My marriage anniversary – My Son’s birthday – My Father left us (in June, 1992) – ReLakhs Financial Services anniversary (June, 2010) – ReLakhs.com anniversary (2014) are all in June. And of course, every year during my schooling, the school used to re-open in the month of June 🙂
On this special occasion – ‘4 year Blog Anniversary ‘, I would like to thank all my blog readers, family members, well-wishers, friends, mentors & friends on Social Media for your continuous encouragement, motivation, trust, constructive criticism and support!
My sincere thanks to;
- Smt. Padmalochani (for being my guru & mentor)
- Basavaraj – Founder – Basunivesh.com (for encouraging me to start my own blog)
- Jane Sheeba & the team at Besthostinganddesign
- Suguna – Founder of Kannammacooks.com
- Asan Ideas for wealth (Facebook group – a great place to learn, unlearn & re-learn about Personal Finance) &
- All by Blog readers
4th year Journey
In my 4th year of Blogging too, I have adhered to my Blog’s aims and objectives which are;
- To make sure that majority of the my blog readers understand the articles on personal finances and present the articles in simple and easy to understand manner.
- To write unbiased reviews on Financial Products.
- Not to associate with any Company to sell any kind of Financial products/services.
- To value my blog reader’s time.
- To try to respond to each and every genuine query / comment ASAP.
I am glad to inform you all that around 50 Lakh users have visited ReLakhs during the last one year and around 1.4 cr users in the last four years. I have consciously tried to write lengthy yet interesting (hope so) articles this year. This has resulted in the increase of average time spent on per page.
The number of subscribers to Forum have increased and the number of Q&As have increased three fold. This is really a good sign.
Last few months have been very bad for the blog in terms of site rankings and I believe that the major reason for this could be – ‘Google has done drastic changes to their search results algorithm’.
During the last 12 months, I have accepted more guest posts which I believe are unique and informative.
ReLakhs.com – Blog Statistics (till date..)
I would like to share a few statistics…
- Total Number of articles published : 462
- Number of Comments : Around 52,580+
- Forum statistics :
- Total number of registered Subscribers : 1,900
- Total number of Questions & Answers published : 5,100
- No. of Facebook page likes : 8,685+
- Number of registered Email Subscribers for Newsletter : 17,500 +
- ReLakhs website Rankings (as on 31-May-2018) :
- Google Analytics Traffic data (all-time)
Google Analytics Data (last 12 months data)
- Number of Users, Sessions & Page-Views
- New Visitors Vs Returning Visitors
- Demographics – Age & Gender wise
- Demographics – City wise
- Pageviews & Average Time on Page
- Blog Visitors & Market Segment
- Top Channels
Top 10 popular articles (based on the last 12 months blog traffic data)
- What is GST (Goods & Services Tax) : Details & Benefits
- Income Tax Exemptions FY 2017-18 : List of important IT Deductions for AY 2018-19
- New EPF Withdrawal Forms – Form 19 UAN, Form 10C UAN & Form 31 UAN
- How to track EPF claim status online?
- Income Tax Deductions FY 2016-17 : List of important Income Tax Exemptions for AY 2017-18
- EPF Partial Withdrawals / Advances : Details, Rules & Guidelines
- How to update your Personal details in UAN? |New procedure
- Latest Income Tax Helpline – Customer Care Toll Free Numbers
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account – Govt’s Special Scheme for Girl child – Features, Review & Benefits
- Mutual Funds Taxation Rules – Capital Gains Tax Rates on MFs
My Favorite Articles (out of the articles published during the last 1 year)
- How to empower your Domestic help (Domestic Workers) Financially?
- My 6 Core Personal Financial Planning principles!
- My List of popular Fee-only Financial Planners | Based on my interactions & observations
- What is an Emergency Fund? | Why, Where & How much to save?
- Is Lock-in period for Investments applicable on unfortunate demise of the Investor?
- Lump sum Investment options for Retirees/Senior Citizens
- Long Term Investment Horizon : Importance & Benefits | My father’s risky investments! (Real-life examples)
- How & Where do we (Indians) save & invest?
- The importance of numeracy in becoming Financially Literate!
- Why Dividends in Direct plans & Regular Plans of MF Schemes can be different? Do regular Plans pay more dividend?
- Checklist of Important Property Documents in India
- Why your Best Mutual Fund Schemes may not remain as ‘the best’? | Categorization & Rationalization of MFs
Trust me, blogging gives an amazing opportunity to learn each and every day. It gives a great job satisfaction as well. Over the last four years I’ve made some really sweet friends via blogging. They will never know how their blog posts and/or readers’ comments have lifted me up, taught me a useful thing or two, and just in general brightened my day. Guess what, I had a chance to attend one of my blog reader’s marriage as well 🙂
I hope this space is always a place where you feel welcome, supported, inspired and connected; and as I continue to write here, my goal remains to create an ‘unbiased & useful content‘ to all my blog readers.
I am proud of my effort and look forward to what the year ahead will yield! Thanks so much for being part of ReLakhs family.
Good luck everyone and thanks again for your support! Request you to share your comments, feedback, views and criticism 🙂
(Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net) (Post first published on : 1-June-2018)