Kempegowda Layout is one of the new layouts that is being developed by the BDA (Bangalore Development Authority). BDA had earlier issued a notification in 2015, inviting applications for Allotment of 5,000 residential sites in KG Layout.
You may kindly go through my new article : Latest BDA Plots E-auction June 2020 | Details & Online Procedure
There were many procedural hiccups in the allotment of sites to the successful applicants. Most of the applicants who have not got the allotment had to wait for many months to get back their Initial Deposits. I believe that BDA took almost 1 to 1.5 years to complete the allotment procedures.
Around 5,000 sites on over 300 acres covers have been allotted in the first phase of the allotment. The sites which were allotted in the first phase are located between Mysuru Road and Yeshwantpur, along NICE Road.
(For more details on Phase-1 allotment, you may kindly go through my article on ‘KG Layout – Phase 1 – BDA Residential sites in Bangalore‘. Around 2700 comments have been exchanged among the applicants in this blog post. Can be useful to you, in case you are now looking to apply for a site in BDA’s KG Layout).
The BDA has again come up with the latest notification, regarding the allotment of 5000 more residential sites in KG Layout, Bengaluru. Below are the details….
BDA Kempegowda Layout – Latest Notification (2018)
- Application forms are available from 28-Dec-2017.
- Last date to submit application forms is 09-Feb-2018.
- Where can I get the Application form? – They are available with authorized bank branches of Canara Bank, Corporation Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Syndicate Bank, Vijaya Bank & Yes Bank. These branches are located in Bangalore and also across Karnataka state.
- Details of total number of available sites, dimensions, site value, registration fee and Initial deposit are as below; (1 metre = 3.28 feet & 1 Sq meter = 10.76 sq feet)
- BDA is giving around 40-day period to apply for these sites. The sites would be of the dimensions 20×30 sqft, 30×40 sqft, 40×60 sqft and 50×80 sqft.
- Nearly, one thousand 20 * 30 sites (600 square feet) are reserved for Economic Weaker sections (EWS) of the society. These sites are available at subsidized rates. Five hundred 20 X 30 sq ft sites are available for General category applicants.
- Two thousand five hundred 30*40 sq ft sites, seven hundred 40*60 sq ft sites and around three hundred 50×80 sq ft sites are available for the allotment.
- The per square feet rate has been fixed at Rs 1,800 for a 20X30 site. For EWS category, this is fixed at Rs 900 per sq ft.
- For a 30X40 site, the per square feet rate is fixed at Rs 2,000 , the total cost would be Rs 24 Lakh.
- The per square feet rate is fixed at Rs 2,200 for 40X60 site, which is Rs 48 Lakh .
- The per square feet rate is fixed at Rs 2,500 for 50X80 site, which is Rs 98 Lakh. (This is only the allotment rate. Stamp duty and registration fee is payable at the time of site registration.)
- Kindly note that the sital values are same as in the previous notification (2015).
- Only 50% of the total sites (i.e., 2,500 sites) are available for General category. The remaining 50% of the sites are reserved for various categories like SC / ST / BC / Govt employees / Persons with disability etc.,
What is the procedure to apply for a site in BDA Kempegowda Layout?
- Visit the authorized bank and pay applicable ‘registration fee’ (ranges between Rs 500 to Rs 5,000 based on the site dimension). The bank will issue a Registration card. You can then obtain the Application form at the bank (application fee is Rs 400 for general category & Rs 200 for others). In case, you already possess a Registration card, can pay the difference in value of the Registration fee and obtain the Bank’s seal on the back side of the Card.
- Draw a DD/Cheque in favor of BDA, Bangalore for the requisite Initial deposit amount (as indicated in the above first table).
- Persons whose income is less than Rs 1 Lakh per annum are considered under EWS category.
- The person applying for allotment of sites should be a domicile in Karnataka for not less than 15 years prior to the date of site registration. Age of the applicant should be atleast 18 years.
- If you or any of your family member (spouse or dependent family member) has already been allotted any BDA / Govt site / KHB then you are not eligible to apply for allotment of site in Kempegowda BDA Layout.
- You are also not eligible for the allotment of a site if you or any of your family member has a site/flat/house within Bengaluru Metropolitan area. Also, you should not have acquired any site/house anywhere in India at a subsidized price.
- The Initial deposit paid by you do not carry any interest. However, it will be adjusted against the total site value of successful applicants. (Unsuccessful applicants will get it refunded)
- You can submit the completed application form along with the DD/Cheque (for initial deposit amount) at the branch of the bank where you have obtained the application form. The last date for submission of filled in application with initial deposit and registration fee is 09.02.2018.
- After receiving the applications, the BDA will announce a ‘Provisional list’ of successful applicants. The unsuccessful applicants can raise objections (if any) on the allotments done. Once this process is completed, BDA will announce the ‘Final List of Allottees’ and will also issue the ‘refunds’ (Deposit monies) to unsuccessful applicants. (Last time, BDA took almost 1 year to refund the Initial Deposit monies.)
Should you apply for BDA site in Kempegowda (KG) Layout? – My Opinion
- BDA reserves the right to allot sites. Kindly note that this is not a BDA e-Auction. The allotment is based on various factors like seniority (you can check the seniority list by visiting BDA website), number of previous attempts (number of times an applicant has tried to obtain a BDA site), no of years domiciled in Karnataka etc., So, the basis of allotment is purely subjective. I do not think even lucky draw is conducted. So, looks like the allotment may or may not happen in a transparent way. This is my personal opinion.
- BDA may take its own sweet time to complete the entire allotment procedures. This has been the case with the allotment in 2015-16. So, you may except procedural delays.
- Check if there are any conditions applicable on ‘Re-sale’ of sites after the allotment is done. Generally, BDA does not allow immediate re-sale of its sites. So, check with BDA about this condition.
- If you are planning to settle down in Bengaluru and your target location is West Bengaluru, you can consider applying for a site in KG Layout. But, advisable not to apply if it is for investment/speculation purposes.
- Getting a Home Loan sanctioned for a BDA site can be easy (subject to your eligibility).
Kindly keep the above points in mind before applying for a BDA site in Kempegowda Layout.
BDA’s Latest e-Auction Notification November 2019-20
Latest News : Click on the below image to view BDA’s latest e-Auction Notification details : BDA e-Auction November 2019 – December 2019 (last date for BDA e-auction is 03-12-2019).
Continue reading :
- How to participate in BDA e-Auction?
- How Home Buyers can file complaints against Real estate Builders online? | RERA Act
- How to get Khatha Registration / Transfer done in Bengaluru?
(Post published on : 03-January-2018)