As a salaried individual, if you are contributing to EPF (Employees Provident Fund) scheme, you can make full balance withdrawal;
- At the time of taking retirement (55 years)
- After 60 days of un-employment
- If you are going abroad on permanent employment, you can apply for PF withdrawal immediately after leaving / resigning from the job (or)
- A female employee can make early withdrawal (full PF balance) if she is resigning from the service for the purpose of getting married or on account of pregnancy/childbirth.
You can submit EPF Withdrawal forms to your employer. In case, you have active UAN and your KYC details have been verified by your employer then you can submit ‘New UAN based PF Withdrawal forms‘ directly to the EPFO (employer signature/attestation is not required).
After submitting the EPF withdrawal application, how to check your EPF Claim status online? Do you need to visit EPF office to know the settlement status?
NO, it is not required! The ‘online provident fund claim status’ is a good facility to track the status of your Provident Fund (PF) withdrawal application. You need to have your EPF account number to track the status online. You can find this in your Payslip or you can contact your HR to know your PF number.
How to read your EPF Account number?
Before discussing about the online provision, let’s first discuss on EPF Account number format.
Old Format Example: KN / 1234567 / 7654321. KN (Karnataka) here denotes the State in which EPF office is located. ‘1234567’ is Establishment code (company code – Max 7 digits) and ‘7654321’ is your EPF account number (max 7 digits).
In case if your company has one or more branches they may mention it along with the Establishment code. For example: KN/1234567AAA/7654321. In this case ‘AAA’ is the extension number.
The EPF old format was based on the 22 states available with corresponding 2 characters of region code, as listed below.
EPF Account Number New Format: New Region Code / EPFO Office code / Establishment code / EPF account number is the new format. For example – PB / CHD / 1234567 / 7654321. PB denotes for Punjab, CHD for Chandigarh PF office, 1234567 stands for Establishment code & 7654321 is your EPF account number.
How to know my EPF Claim Status online? (Procedure)
Below is the procedure to know the status of your EPF withdrawal online;
- Kindly visit EPFO portal.
- Click on ‘For Employees’ under the ‘Our Services’ section.
- Click on ‘Know Your Claim Status’ under the ‘Services’ section.
- You will be directed to the ‘Claim status’ page.
- Click on ‘Click Here for Knowing the Claim Status’ link.
- You will be re-directed to a new page with a single field where you can select the State of PF office.
- After selecting the ‘State’, list of EPF regional offices will be displayed. If you know the region, select the concerned Office Name. Kindly note that the ‘Office Code’ and ‘Region Code’ sections will get filled automatically with relevant data.
- Next, you need to type in the Establishment Code of your Employer in the 3rd box. This code has maximum 7 digits.
- If there is any extension or sub-code for the establishment code, you need to fill it in the 4th box. If there is no extension or sub-code, you can leave the field blank.
- Next, fill in your EPF Account number which is a maximum of 7 digits long in the 5th box.
- Click on Submit button to get the EPF Claim status. The status message indicates any discrepancy in document and application. The status message may also show the action taken by the EPFO with regard to your claim. The exact EPFO claim status helps you to monitor your PF withdrawal claim.
In case if you have only your EPF Account number with you and do not have the details of Establishment code or Region Code, you can get these details based on your Company name too. Kindly follow the below procedure;
How to find the Establishment code for EPF Account?
- Visit EPFO Search services.
- You can find out about your company (establishment) details based on;
- Old Code
- New Regional office
- PIN Code (or)
- Establishment Name (Company Name)
- For example, let’s say you are working for INFOSYS, Bangalore and you would like to know its Establishment code for EPF related matters. (click on the below images to open them in new browser windows)
- You can select ‘Estt. name’ option, key in the company name and click on ‘search’.
- You will get a list of companies which have ‘INFOSYS’ as the Establishment name.
- For example, if you are working for Infosys – Electronic City – Bangalore office then KN/0010088 is the old region code followed by Establishment code. Where as PY/BOM/0010088 is the new format. PY stands for Peenya (new region code), BOM stands for Bommasandra EPFO office, 0010088 is the establishment code and ‘000’ is extension number (which is blank in this case).
Below is a short video on, how to check EPF claim status online. (Video Source : tutorials.epfoservices.com)
I have checked with one of my good friends who works for EPFO, whether an EPF member can check the Partial Withdrawal claim status also, my friend has informed me that one can check the status of any claim submitted to EPFO through this facility (Full withdrawal or Advance PF withdrawal and EPS also).
Till the time, ‘online EPF withdrawal facility’ is made available, this is the best way to check the EPF claim status.
You can track your EPF claim status through your UAN interface and/or UMANG App as well.
(Post published on : 30-November-2016) (Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)