If you are a salaried individual and contributing to EPF scheme then you may be aware of EPFO’s OTCP (Online Transfer Claim Portal). PF subscribers have been using this online portal for submitting online EPF transfer requests (transfer of PF funds from previous EPF account to new EPF account).
However, the EPFO has recently launched a new facility for submitting EPF transfer claims online. This new provision has been provided through EPFO’s unified member portal interface.
What is EPF transfer? – When you (EPF member / employee) change your company, instead of withdrawing PF amount, you can transfer EPF balance to your new PF account. You can transfer EPF funds either through offline (or) online mode. If you submit EPF transfer claim online, the entire process can get over in just few days. It is simple and easy!
Online EPF Transfer Facility : Pre-requisites
Below are the pre-requisites to transfer EPF online through Unified EPF Member Portal ;
- You should seed your Bank account & Bank IFSC Code details to your UAN (Universal Account Number). These KYC details should have been verified by your employer.
- Seeding of Aadhaar is optional for online EPF Transfer Claims.
- Your Date of Joining (DoJ) and Date of Exit (DoE) with reason for ‘Exit’ in the previous Company should be available on Unified Portal.
- Kindly note that only one transfer request against the previous member ID (EPF a/c) can be accepted. (In case, you have multiple old EPF accounts then you can consolidate your EPF accounts using – ‘One Employee – One EPF account‘ facility.)
How to transfer EPF online through Unified Member Portal?
Below is the step-by-step procedure to do online EPF transfer ;
- Kindly visit Unified Portal (member interface). Login with your credentials (UAN ID & Password).
- Click on ‘Transfer Request‘ under ‘Online Services’ menu tab.
- You then need to select and provide the details of your previous EPF account (previous Member-ID). You have the option to submit the online EPF transfer request to your ex-employer or current employer (for attestation). You need to provide previous Member-ID or UAN number in the respective field. In case, your EPF account number format is an old one, you can generate Member-Id (in new format) by clicking on ‘Get MID’ option.
- In the next step, you need to click on ‘Get OTP’ to authenticate your online EPF transfer claim request. Kindly note that an OTP will be sent on UAN registered mobile number only. Enter the OTP and click on ‘submit’ button.
- You are then required to submit the signed copy of the online PF transfer claim (PDF document) to the selected employer within a period of 10 days. (Somehow, I believe that they should have done away with this offline work!)
- Your employer may then digitally approve your EPF transfer request.
Latest news (11-August-2017) :
Your PF account will be transferred automatically when you change your job….(w.e.f Sep, 2017) – Chief PF Commissioner, EPFO. (Source – The Times of India.). The Adhaar number should have been seeded with UAN and it should also have been verified.
Continue reading other related articles :
- How to track EPF claims status online?
- How to check online if your Company has deposited EPF dues?
- How to withdraw EPF funds online?
(Post published on : 24-July-2017)