What happens to EPS on Transfer of EPF account (or) when you switch Jobs?

If you are a salaried individual and contribute to EPF scheme then you must be aware of the fact that that every month 12% of your “salary” is contributed towards EPF account. Your total monthly contribution is routed towards Employees’ Provident Fund.

Your employer also contributes 12% of the salary to your EPF a/c. But your employer’s monthly contribution is routed towards various components of PF.

 (The definition of SALARY for EPF calculation is : Salary = Basic + Dearness Allowance)

Out of this 12% of your employer’s monthly contribution, 8.33% goes towards EPS (Employees Pension Scheme) and only 3.67% is invested in Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF). So, you contribute 12% of your basic salary and your employer contributes 3.6% of your basic salary towards EPF deposits.

PF components EPF Employees' Pension Scheme EPS

As mentioned above, your employer contributes certain portion of your monthly salary towards EPS (Pension). You receive the pension amount from this Employees’ Pension Scheme.

The minimum contribution used to be 12% of Rs 6,500 in most of the employees’ cases, now this is 12% of Rs 15,000 pm. So, you may now be depositing Rs 1,800 towards EPF. Whereas, your employer may now be contributing Rs 550 pm and Rs 1,250 pm towards EPF and EPS (pension) respectively.  (You may be drawing a very high salary, but your contribution to Pension Fund will be only Rs. 541 and after Oct 2014 it is Rs 1250 max.)

In case, you switch your job, you have to transfer the Employees’ Provident Fund balance to the new employer (assuming they offer EPF scheme). But what happens to the funds in the EPS, continues to remain a mystery for many.

Blog reader's comment

The main reason for this confusion is, while the PF account of the new employer shows the transferred EPF balance, the EPS money from the previous employer wont get reflected in new PF account passbook.

So, what happens to your EPS on Transfer of EPF account? What happens to EPS when you transfer your old EPF to new/latest EPF account? Let’s discuss..

Transfer of PF on Change of Job

Earlier, when changing jobs, you were required to fill up two forms to your new employer ;

  1. Form 11 to declare that you are already part of Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) schemes &
  2. Form 13 for getting the PF balance transferred from the earlier organisation to the new one. (Kindly note that Form 13 is for transfer of EPF balance.)

The EPFO has recently released a revised Form – 11. This new Composite Declaration Form-11 serves both purposes, provided you have an active Universal Account Number (UAN) and your Aadhaar is verified for KYC in the EPF database. (Related Article : ‘New EPF Composite Declaration Form-11 for automatic EPF Transfer on change of Job!‘)

You can also transfer PF online through UAN member portal.

Where does EPF & EPS go on change of job? 

EPF Statement with new contributions

In the above EPF statement, you can find EPF contributions of Rs 1,800 and Rs 550 towards EPF (employee share & employer share respectively). The EPS contribution is at Rs 1,250. (You can download your EPF passbook from UAN member portal or through UMANG mobile App.)

EPF Statement online transfer

You can also observe that there are transactions towards “Interest updated” in the statement as on 31st March of every year. These are the interest payouts on the total monthly contributions. There won’t be any interest payout towards EPS contributions.

Once you submit your request for PF transfer on change of job, the EPF balances get ‘transferred in’ to your new EPF account. But the EPS column shows zero addition.

Where did your EPS balance of your previous EPF account go?

While service details are transferred from an older to a new account, the EPS amount is retained in the older account. The PF passbook of your previous organisation reflects the EPS amount and your current EPF account (under Service history tab of UAN portal) reflects the carried forward service period.

Transfer of service details helps you to keep a track of number of years of work you have put in. So if you are in your third job, and have consolidated your EPF in your new account, your EPS amount for the two earlier employers will reflect in the respective PF passbooks only.

EPS withdrawal & Options 

Below are the options for EPS withdrawals ;

  • If you have worked for less than 10 years and have been unemployed for more than 2 months then you can withdraw entire EPS balance (through Form 10c) along with EPF balance (Form 19).
  • If you have worked for more than 10 years then you can not withdraw full EPS balance. You can apply for Pension which starts either at 50 (early pension) or 58 years of your age.
  • In case, you resign from a job and join a new employer who does not offer EPF scheme then you can either withdraw EPS balance (if service history is less than 10 years) or apply for Scheme Certificate from EPFO.
    • You can submit this certificate when you join an EPF-covered organisation in future. If you do so, your service history gets carried forward.
    • If you don’t join an organisation and reach 50 or 58 years of age, you can submit these certificates (if employed with multiple employers) to the EPF field office under whose jurisdiction your last employer was covered and apply (Form 10D) for monthly pension.
  • In case, you resign from your current job and join a new organization where EPF scheme is offered, you can just submit Form-11 form to your new employer. Under this scenario, your EPF and EPS get transferred.

I hope you find this post informative. Kindly share your comments or queries (if any). Cheers!

Continue reading :

(Post first published on : 29-May-2018)

  • Vinayak says:

    Hello Sir,
    I have a question my I have worked for four different organisation and among one of them one had it’s own trust. I have not been working since past four months and I applied for PF withdrawal and EPS withdrawal and it got rejected due to below stated reason – “Plz clarify EPS details of previous member id and reapply thereafter” Kindly suggest what needs to be done in this case

  • Karan Gupta says:

    Dear Team,
    Couple of queries. Both are individual
    1) I switched Jobs in middle of a month. I worked till 20th June in organization A & from 21st to 30th June worked in Organization B. Now My EPS contribution is deducted by both employers for same month [1250(max limit – org A)+ 1137(org B)], leading to 2387 total contribution of single month showing in EPFO portal. How to get this rectified.

    2) I worked at an organization for more than 6 years, which maintained it’s own PF trust. When I switched job from it and move to a organization which doesn’t maintain it’s PF Trust and maintains the account with EPFO, I applied for PF transfer. Now the EPF is transferred, but the EPS contribution is not transferred as only Service history is transferred. Now incase I want to withdraw EPS in future, then how would I be able to withdraw that amount, which is not reflecting in EPFO portal and is visible with a Private Organization Trust. Also after retirement, will I be eligible for pension for total service history or about the one maintained with EPFO only.

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Karan,
      1 – Kindly contact your employer , they can rectify the Passbook entries.
      2 – When one transfers the EPF account, only service history gets transferred.
      “While service details are transferred from an older to a new account, the EPS amount is retained in the older account. The PF passbook of your previous organisation reflects the EPS amount and your current EPF account (under Service history tab of UAN portal) reflects the carried forward service period.”
      Transfer of service details helps you to keep a track of number of years of work you have put in. So if you are in your third job, and have consolidated your EPF in your new account, your EPS amount for the two earlier employers will reflect in the respective PF passbooks only.
      If your service period is less than 10 years and can apply for EPS withdrawal from respective employer(s).

      If you have worked for more than 10 years then you can not withdraw full EPS balance. You can apply for Pension which starts either at 50 (early pension) or 58 years of your age.

      You will be eligible for total service history (including the one maintained by an employer’s trust).

      • Jothi says:

        Thanks for a great explanation. I was searching for this info including EPFO grievances.
        My question is [1] from the Trust account I have transferred, but only service details are showing in the portal. The EPS amount is not there. how do I get this info? please share the navigation path/location.
        [2] can one avail early pension even if they are still working? how does this work? what is the procedure to apply?

  • Esar says:

    HI Sreekanth Reddy


  • Chhandosee says:

    Hello! The post was very helpful. Can you also explain the process to withdraw EPS money in this case?I switched from company A to company B and have transferred EPF & EPS using Form 13.Now I’ve left my job, I have claimed EPS contribution through EPFO portal but I only got my contribution pertaining to company B. How do I claim the EPS deducted in company A?

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Chhandosee,
      May I know your total service period?
      Did you claim both EPF and EPS?

      Is your first EPS maintained by an exempted PVT trust of your ex-employer?

  • V j Dhakate says:

    Article very usefull for all.
    My question is ,after 30/35years service in PSU(MOIL LTD)pension how to get only 3750/-₹per month(officer gread )

  • Bhuvan Malhotra says:

    Hi Sreekanth,

    Can i withdraw my old EPS through submitting physical Form 10c to EPFO office.

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Bhuvan,
      Are you currently employed and contributing to EPF scheme?
      Did you withdraw EPF balance?

      • Chaitra says:

        Hi sir,

        I have a small enquiry that I have left the job before six months due to marriage and applied for EPF so I got employee share n employer share.. can I get pension contribution share i need to get 5222(which is pension contribution amount)
        Please reply

  • Disha says:

    Hi Sreekanth,
    Thanks for the article, but I still not sure about one thing.
    When I switched jobs I transferred my PF from first employer to second employer
    When I checked the passbook of the second employer I saw that the PF amount got transferred to new account but EPS amount showed 0 which means that it did not get transferred to my second employer. The transfer to new account happened in 2016. And like you said “While service details are transferred from an older to a new account, the EPS amount is retained in the older account”. So I am quite sure it didn’t get transferred to my new account. I clicked on Service history but all it shows me is the DOJoin and DOEnd, nothing else.
    I need to withdraw my EPS balance now (service period is less than 10 years) from both first and second company, so how can I do that because the online claim form 10C has no option to select the first company’s Member ID but only shows the second Member ID, so on claiming it I might just get EPS balance from second company only.
    Also, just to let you know previously I had requested to transfer my old member ID to my current member ID also.

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Disha,
      If service period is carried forwarded then you are eligible for total accumulated EPS balance as well.

      Suggest you to first submit a grievance request to the EPFO about the transfer of EPF/EPS , via this link.. You can request Annexure-K as well, it contacts the transactions details of your EPF account(s).
      Then check with your ex-employer if the EPS was also transferred or not.

      • Disha says:

        How can I check if my Service period was carried forwarded? I checked the Service History of new and old Member IDs but both state the individual DOJ and DOE of EPS. The new Member ID does not show any transferred service history of EPS of the old member ID.
        Also there was an option to download Annexure K so when I clicked that tab it shows “No exempted to unexempted provident fund transfer claims associated with the UAN”.

        • Sreekanth Reddy says:

          Dear Disha,
          Suggest you to check with EPFO via grievance portal and/or with your ex-employer..

          • Disha says:

            Ok I will do that, thank you.

          • Chhandosee says:

            Hey Disha,

            Hope you are doing well. Did you get your EPS amount from both companies? If Yes, ca you please explain how?

            I have also faced the same issue; I have claimed EPS for my last company, how to claim from previous company. I have requested for Annexure-K several times but didn’t get it yet.

  • Ansh says:

    Hi Sreekant one of the best articles I have gone through regarding EPS…Makes it very clear. Allthough I have a query, I have worked in 2 organization, Comp-A is covered under different UAN and Comp-B in different UAN. I have transferred the EPF amount to Comp-B. But as Comp-B is under different UAN, service history is not updated about Comp-A in Comp-B UAN. So in that case I believe I won’t get EPS benefits of Comp-A so Is it possible to withdraw EPS from my Comp-A , if not then how can I avail EPS benefits of Comp-A.

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Ansh,
      Is your previous employer (Comp-A) with EPFO? or do they have their own PF Trust?
      Have you submitted transfer of EPF & EPS to UAN-2??

      • Ansh says:

        Comp-A is with EPFO but Comp-B has there own PF trust. I am not sure, I did the online procedure to transfer EPF not sure if EPS got transferred with it but when I am checking passbook of Comp-A it says service transferred.

        • Sreekanth Reddy says:

          Dear Ansh,
          Service transferred means that your earlier service (term) has been carried forward.
          EPS transfer amount will not get reflected in your current PF passbook.

          You can submit a grievance request for Annexure-K to the EPFO via this link .. this can give you some idea about the transfer (statement of transactions).

  • naresh says:

    My EPF amount transferred to new company account but there is transferred only Employee share and Employer Share only, Pension contribution was not transferred.

  • Sanjeev Saini says:

    I have Joined New Company on 3 Oct 2016 and as per Company EPF has deposited from 1st Month of joining but as per Record and Passbook entries its reflect from Jan-2017. Pl guide me , where is my PF of 1st three months. Oct-16, Nov-16 and Dec-16.

  • Sanjeev Saini says:

    I have Switched my Job in May 2018 and Transfered my PF to New Account in Sept-2019 but my EPS amount is not reflecting my Passbook. Pl suggest how I can withral the same.

  • Naveen Kaushik says:

    Hello sir,
    My EPF amount transferred to new company account but my EPS amount not transferred to new so what is the processor for withdrawal my EPS amount from previous account please help me about this matter.
    My UAN number in same in both company. sir kindly help me.

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Naveen ..Did you go through the points given in the above article?

      “While service details are transferred from an older to a new account, the EPS amount is retained in the older account. The PF passbook of your previous organisation reflects the EPS amount and your current EPF account (under Service history tab of UAN portal) reflects the carried forward service period.”

  • sukanya says:

    Hi sreekanth,

    I Transfered my PF account from old employer to new employer ( in detail – old and new company is same, the company was acquired and all were changed .we were been advised to merge both the member id so that we can withdraw amount. Pf is transferred however EPS on the old account remains there cannot withdraw . i quit the job and its more than 2 months and im trying to claim my pf and eps however it gives me an option to claim for new account . im unable to claim eps from old member id or account. please help me to claim.

  • MINI says:

    Hi Sir,

    I have a query if a person left the job after 5 months of joining and join other company then the EPS amount of first company will be transferable or not please suggest.


    Thanks for this blog. It was really helpful.

  • Mahesh says:


    My company-A had PF with trust. I have transferred my EPF account from company-A to company-B, but i did not raise any transfer request for EPS. Now when I applied for EPF transfer from company-B to company-C online through EPF portal, the request got rejected saying EPS service details from A to B needs to be transferred before B to C can happen.

    Can you please guide me on how to initiate the transfer request of EPS from company-A? What is the process to do the same?Should i raise a request to transfer the EPS from company-A to company-C?

    Thanks in Advance.

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Mahesh,
      If you have transferred the EPF from A to B then ideally EPS should have also got transferred.
      Suggest you to kindly check with Co A if EPS has been transferred or not.

      You can also raise Annexure – K request through this link..

      “Annexure-K of EPF is a document which contains details of EPF account. It is internal document sent between regional EPF offices during transfer of the accounts. It is especially useful during the transfer of EPF from exempted private trusts.”

  • Shakeel Badal says:

    Dear Sreekanth,

    Thanks for your article its helpful.

    I transferred my PF from previous employer to current using UAN (online).
    PF amount got transferred to new account and EPS amount remained with older one.
    Should my Date of Joining (DoJ) EPS with current employer reflects my earlier contribution. Below are the details

    DoJ EPS (old employer) : 01/12/2010
    DoE EPS (old employer): 06/08/2014

    DoJ EPS (new employer): 07/08/2014 (should this date change to reflect older transfer?)

    Please suggest.


  • Dhairya Chaudhary says:

    Hi Sreekant,

    I applied for pf transfer from old employer to current employer. Status is “Accepted by field office”, employee and employer share has been transferred but the EPS amount is not transferred. Should I wait for it or what should I do??

  • S Rambabu says:

    Thank you very much brother. You clarified same doubts in my mind and struggling for an explanation.

  • Anand says:

    Hello sreekanth,

    I have 2 pf account, one with previous job and another with current job, previous job I served for 5 years and in current job I am working from 5 months.
    I want to withdraw previous company pf amount, can I transfer old pf account amount to current pf account and withdraw.
    Since I am working in current company only from 5 months is there any restrictions?

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Anand,
      Yes, you have to get the funds transferred from EPF-1 to EPF-2 (latest one).
      You can not withdraw the balance as you are currently employed and contributing to EPF scheme.

  • Sudhanshu says:

    Hello Sreekanth,

    I had a PF account before UAN, which i transferred to next employer after exist of this employer(2nd one), DOJ and DOE shows for previous employer(1st one) which is showing gap in service. 2nd employer PF also I transferred to 3rd employer PF account, whose DOJ and DOE is shpoing correct. Although till time I have transferred all PF to next employer successfully, will this be an issue in future as 2nd employer duration is missing in UAN?

    Basically 2nd employer DOJ and DOE is showing of 1st employer.

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Sudhanshu,
      If the Transfer of funds between the EPF accounts has been successful, I dont think there would be any issue.
      Still, you may submit your grievance to the EPFO online via this link and cross-check on this ..

  • Sobhan says:

    Thanks for the valuable information mate. Carry on to update us.

  • T SEKHAR says:

    Dear sir
    I have 3 account number in one uan but I have transferred first one to second but without transfering to resent one I have withdrawal final from resent and now I’m facing problem to withdraw previous account pls help me


    sir iam duraimurugan iam working two compnays my uan same pf members id two diffrent recently i left my job one compnay exit date aiso up date in online now i transfer my pf my curent company online butmessage showing deatiles not matching how can transfer my pf or claim pls help me sir

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Mostly your personal details (Name, DoB etc) between the two PF account may not be matching. Kindly re-check these..
      You may also try submitting your transfer request through your ex-employer via offline mode.

  • Kaushal Patel says:

    Good afternoon sir,

    I have a problem with EPS. few days ago i made a transfer request from my old account to current account. PF amount transferred to my current account but EPS not. I quit my current job and i am unemployed from 6 months. Currently i am unable to withdraw EPS of old account. Kindly guide

  • Eddie says:

    Hi Srikanth,

    Hope you are doing well. Thank you for the detailed instructions in your blog. I will be quitting my job by end of this month and I wish to withdraw the EPF and the EPS amount. I’m aware these can’t be withdrawn until you remain unemployed for the next two months from the date of resignation.

    I currently own two EPF accounts, and I have submitted a request to transfer the EPF amount from the old one to the one that I currently hold. I have been an EPF account holder for past 8 years.

    Now, there’s an emergency and I would like to withdraw some amount from the EPF account. Could you please advise if there’s a limit to withdrawal and if the withdrawal amount would attract TDS. Also, what’s the process for applying for withdrawal.

    I also want to withdraw my EPS but I’m not sure on the amount that I’ll be receiving. Some EPS shows up on my old UAN account and on the current one. Is there a calculation that goes into payout of EPS. I’ve paid around Rs. 541 for 56 months and Rs.1250 for 32 months and my current Basic salary is around Rs. 55000 What’s the approx. amount should I expect on withdrawal and will this be taxable?

    Thank you for your assistance.


    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Adil,
      As per recent notification :

      ” EPF Subscribers who resign from their service can now withdraw 75% of their total Provident Fund (PF) kitty after one month from the date of cessation of service. This will be considered as a Partial PF withdrawal (Advance).

      Members will continue to have the choice of withdrawing the entire / balance amount, if they want to close the account, after two months , provided the member is unemployed and/or do not make any fresh PF contributions.

      Currently, the EPF Scheme allows Final withdrawal (full withdrawal) only after two months from the date of cessation of employment of the members.”

      If you would like to withdraw right now then the partial withdrawal claim amount depends on the purpose of your advance withdrawal.

      Suggest you to kindly go through this article @ EPF partial withdrawal options & rules….

      You can withdraw your entire EPS balance (accumulated), provided your total service period is less than 10 years.

      Suggest you to withdraw the funds after consolidation of your EPF accounts.

  • Krishna says:

    Hi Sreekanth,
    I had submitted pf transfer request online(between two different UAN numbers) and now the claim status shows as ‘Accepted by field officer’ and the amount does reflect in my current PF passbook as ‘TRANSFER IN – SAME OFFICE(OLD Member Id-
    :GNGGN10317350000000510 )-Amt. Received,
    Credit IS Subject TO verification’ . What does credit is subject to verification means? Do I need to do anything more? Since then I’ve quit my job and have claimed pf but under the claim status the amount approved only shows the pf balance minus the transfered amount, does it mean the amount has still not been transfered? will I have to submit another request to withdraw this amount?

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Krishna,

      Unable to understand this – “Since then I’ve quit my job and have claimed pf but under the claim status the amount approved only shows the pf balance minus the transfered amount, does it mean the amount has still not been transfered? will I have to submit another request to withdraw this amount?”

      Kindly rephrase it..

      • Krishna says:

        before submitting my withdrawal request I had requested by balance from another pf account(different uan) to be transfered to the current account. And now I have quit my job and have submitted a withdrawal request and when I check the request status it shows the amount approved for withdrawal is only the one which has accrued with the current pf account and does not included the amount which I had requested to be transfered from my previous pf account. The amount from my previous pf account does show in my current pf account’s passbook but it also says ‘Credit is subject to verification’. Does it mean it still hasn’t been transfered yet?

        • Sreekanth Reddy says:

          Dear Krishna,
          Mostly, the transfer would not have completed. You could have waited for the consolidation to get completed before making a full claim.
          Kindly submit your grievance to the EPFO and inquire if the transfer process has been done with or not.

  • Sachin says:

    Mr Reddy, I have 3 PF accounts for the same UAN, when I try claiming from the EPFO portal only the current company’s Member ID is visible to be claimed that is advance payment, But the previous 2 PF member ID is not showing in the claim option even though they have their respective “Date of Exits”.
    How do I completely withdraw the previous PF’s?

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Sachin,
      Have you transferred your funds from your two previous EPF accounts to current/latest one??

      • Sachin says:

        I haven’t transferred any of them to the current one. Is the transfer of previous to current the only way to proceed?

      • Venkatesh K says:

        Dear Sreekanth,

        Thanks for your article.

        1. After applying online transfer from previous employer to present employer ( Both employers are linked in same only one UAN) how many days it will take to reflect in your passbook.

        2. Then, after transferred amount successfully reflect in passbook is there is any time period we have to wait for claiming process or we can go for immediate online claim process.

        • Sreekanth Reddy says:

          Dear Venkatesh,
          1 – Ideally online transfer claims can get processed in 15 days.
          2 – Are you referring to full withdrawal claim?
          If so, are you currently employed and contributing to EPF scheme?

  • Sagar says:

    Hi Sreekanth,
    While joining my current employer, I was provided a new UAN (although I had submitted my earlier UAN). So I’ve completed my PF transfer process which is now being reflected in my passbook, but my previous service history is not being shown against the new UAN in the UAN website. So I’m not sure my EPS details have been linked to the new UAN or not. How to make sure that the earlier EPS details is linked to my current UAN?

    For your reference: My previous PF account was maintained by TRUST.

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Sagar,
      You may request EPFO for Annexure-K through Grievance portal ..click here..

      • Sagar says:

        Dear Sreekanth,
        My previous organisation has shared the Annexure-K with me after leaving the company, but how I’ll make sure that my previous EPS details are linked to the new UAN?

        • Sreekanth Reddy says:

          Dear Sagar,
          If both the accounts are linked under sane UAN, if the PF transfer has been completed successfully then your service period also would have been carried forward.

          • Sagar says:

            Hi Sreekanth,
            My PF transfer has already been completed on June 2017, but I’ve not raised any separate request to link both my UAN. so do I need to raise a new request in UAN portal through “Online Services -> One Member One EPF Account (Transfer Request)” option to do the same?

          • Sreekanth Reddy says:

            Dear Sagar,
            I dont think a separate request is not needed, if the PF transfer is already completed.

  • Ranjith says:

    i totally worked for two companies. I quit my second company and was studying MBA, i was planning to withdraw pf after 8 months through the online portal. It asked me to link by both pf accounts and i did that, when i withdrew only the PF of the second company came and 1st company did not come. How can i withdraw it?

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Ranjith,
      Has the PF transfer been successful? You can check on this in your PF Passbook.
      Did you apply for both EPF and EPS ? (Form 19 & Form 10c)

  • Alok Mittal says:

    Dear Mr Reddy
    I attained age 58 in May’2018. Please note some details below for my case :-
    • Member of EPF for total 27 years
    • Start date 1.4.1989, End date 30.11.2015
    • Total number of employers during membership period 5 – (Tenures:- 5 mths, 9 mths, 23 yrs, 2 yrs, 3 mths respectively)
    • NIL Scheme certificates taken
    • UAN passbook shows only last 3 months EPS contribution, previous EPS balances not transferred
    • UAN available, Adhaar, bank details, PAN registered & verified, EPF balance settled fully
    • Nomination yet to be completed, Marital status not entered

    Please advise how I can go about getting pension under EPS

  • shital says:

    My PF no DL/24754/202999 and UAN id 100499125625 organisation Manpower Group Services India Pvt ltd was submitted Joint declaration Form, self attested pan card and Aadhar card copies on 6th August 2018
    how to check status of joint declaration form submitted or not .

    kindly suggest

  • Krithika says:

    Hello Sreekanth, the PF claim status online shows, 10c settled and form 19 – status not available, not sure to understand the meaning of status not available ? please help me out



  • Alice says:

    Great Article! Thanks for sharing it, well explained.

  • R. K. Kulkarni says:

    Hello Sreekanth,

    I have worked in TATA Motors from July 1979 till Jul 2005 & EPS Pension was started after I attained age of 50 years. TATA Motors have their own PF trust. Later I joined another pvt ltd company & have worked for 12 years & contributed to EPS for more than 10 years. Am I eligible to get one more pension? Else can I get contribution back?

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Mr Kulkarni,
      I believe that as your service period is more than 12 years (second stint), you are eligible for Pension from the second EPF ac as well. Kindly contact your employer.

      • R.+K.+Kulkarni says:

        Thank you very much Mr. Sreekanth for this clarification. I was given to understand that one cannot get two pensions. Hence this clarification is very useful. Thank you very much I will contact my last employer & fill up form 10 D. I will convey the progress there after.
        Thank you once again

        • Sreekanth Reddy says:

          Dear Mr Kulkarni,
          I may be wrong with my advice. Hence, kindly update the status, can be useful to all of us here, thank you!

          • R. K. Kulkarni says:

            In case the second pension is denied , can I ask for th funds to be returned to me?

          • Sreekanth Reddy says:

            Dear Kulkarni ji..I believe that you may be eligible for (two) pensions and your funds will be yours..

          • R.+K.+Kulkarni says:

            Many thanks to Dear Mr. Sreekanth. I will keep you posted of after I hear from PF office.

  • Ravi soni says:

    Dear sreekanth …Thanks for such a informative article…I m working in bsnl…..I completed 2.5 yr in Amritsar ….Then got transferred to bsnl ahmedabad….in2013 april….

    But in my uan portal.under epfo ahmedabad…Service history….It’s jst showing…from 1.05.2013…..

    I think it should show from 01.05.2010….When I joined the BSNL AMRITSAR. …..PL CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.


    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Ravi,
      Did you get new EPF account number (Member ID) at BSNL Ahmedabad?
      If so, did you transfer funds from EPF account with BSNL Amritsar to current one?

      • Ravi+soni says:

        Yes I got new epf account with uan no. My old amritsar epfo fund also got transferred in this new ahmedabad epf account…..But…. It’s showing that I m member of this new epfo account since I have joined.. this new epfo date….That is may 2013. But I was efpo member since my job in bsnl amritsar may 2010….N I jst took a transferred from. Amritsar to ahmedabad as per department policy….

        …But what about EPS FUND. Of epfo account of amritsar… N HOW IT WILL AFFECT MY PENSION IN FUTURE…. PL CLEAR IT TO ME……..

  • Satish says:

    Thanks for sharing the details on EPF! However, I found the there is an error in the picture. EPF should be 8.33% and EPS should be 3.67%.

  • Harsha says:

    Hi Sreekanth,

    Thanks for a very informative article.

    I have few question related to EPS.

    I resigned from my job 5 months ago. Got the PF amount. However, waiting to get back the EPS amount (submitted Form 10C) to the empolyer, whose jurisdiction is Pune.

    Joined my first job in Nov-2006, changed 3 organisations and transferred my EPF account till the last employer (which I resigned now).

    I am now 40 years.

    1. Whether I will get EPS amount back? or it will be paid as pension?

    Not joined any job right now, shortly will start searching for the new job (in few months).

    2. What will be procedure to get scheme certificate, incase EPS amount is not paid to me? so that I can submit it to the new empolyer or get the pension after crossing 50 years.

    Thanks in advance.


    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Harsha,
      As you have consolidate your multiple EPF accounts, the service period for is more than 10 years, hence, you can not withdraw EPS amount.
      Mostly, EPFO may reject your EPS withdrawal claim.

      1 – It will be paid as pension.
      2 – In case, you have plans to join a new Organization soon (which offers EPF scheme) then you can just submit new Form-11 to them.
      In case, you are not sure about your next plan, you can apply for Scheme certificate. Form 10C asks you to choose between the scheme certificate or withdrawal benefit.
      You can submit Scheme certificate to new employer (if you join..) or can submit this Scheme certificate to the EPFO regional office once you attain 50/58 years of age to get periodic pension (you have to apply for it by submitting Form 10D).

      • Harsha says:

        Thanks Sreekanth, for your reply and clearing my doubt .

        If I join a new company I will check with them to transfer EPS amount. Thanks for that Info. Is there any time limit for transfer?

        Could you please guide me how to get the scheme certificate? whether I need to apply through my previous employer for that?

        While submitting Form 10C, I think have not opted for Scheme certificate. (I didnot understand what it is then).

        I am in Bangalore and my last company jurisdiction is in Pune. Should I visit Pune to get the scheme certificate and visit Pune again to submit it after 50/58 years?

        Thanks once again for your help.

        Best Regards,

        • Sreekanth Reddy says:

          Dear Harsha,
          1 – There is no time-limit as such for EPF transfer.
          2 – Yes, you can apply for Scheme certificate through your ex-employer. Kindly contact them.
          3 – As your service period is more than 10 years, EPFO can reject your Form 10c EPS claim withdrawal request and suggest you to take SC.
          4 – I believe that your ex-employer can arrange it for you.

          • Harsha says:

            Thank you sir, for replying all my queries and helping me understand about EPS.

            Would contact my last employer for scheme certificate.

            Thanks once again.

            Best Regards,

  • future finance says:

    Excellent and detailed article. Very informative! thanks for sharing…..

  • Vishal Dave says:

    The UAN is a major step in shifting the EPF service to the online platform.

  • Subodh says:

    Hi Sreekanth, thanks a lot for the nice article. In my case I have already transferred my EPF balance from previous employer (worked for 10 yrs) to my current employer since last 5 years. What to do with the EPS amount or how can I transfer that to current employer? Thanks Subodh

    • Sreekanth Reddy says:

      Dear Subodh,
      If you have successfully transferred your PF balance then your previous service period (10 years) would have been carried forward. That means, let’s say you decide to quit your current job and be on your own then your total service period for EPS pension would be considered as 15 years, and accordingly your pension would be paid from 50 or 58 years of age. You need to apply to the EPFO at 50/58 years to get periodic pension.

      • Subodh says:

        Hi Sreekanth, thanks a lot for your clarification. So I don’t have to apply for Scheme Certificate for my previous employer and you mean to say that pension claim will be taken care automatically once I decide to apply for it. Thanks once again

        • Sreekanth Reddy says:

          Dear Subodh,
          Yes, there is no need to apply for Scheme certificate from your ex-employer.
          One needs to submit Form 10D to the EPFO for monthly pension.

  • >
    Scroll to Top