As per the recent communication shared by the income tax department, all eligible income tax refunds will be only issued digitally. Further, tax refunds will be made only to the bank accounts which are linked with PAN.
The above guidelines regarding the tax refunds have been effective from March 1, 2019.
So, to receive income tax refund directly to your bank account, you need to meet the below conditions;
- Your Aadhaar number should have been linked to your PAN.
- You PAN is linked to Bank Account (Account can be Savings, Current, Cash or Overdraft).
- Your bank account should have ‘validated‘ status in e-filing Portal.
How to check if your Aadhaar number has been linked to PAN?
- Kindly visit e-Filing Portal and login with your credentials.
- Go to Profile Settings and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ to check the status.
- If Aadhaar has already been linked to PAN, the below message gets displayed.
- If they are not linked then you need to get PAN linked with Aadhaar, as it is mandatory to file Income Tax Return.
Related Article : ‘How to get Aadhaar linked to PAN online?‘
How to Pre-validate Bank Account to get Income Tax Refund?
Once, you make sure that Aadhaar & PAN are linked, you need to pre-validate your Bank Account to receive IT Refund amount(s) directly to your linked Bank Account. So, check if your Bank Account has been pre-validated in e-filing portal or not (provided, you have already got your PAN linked with Bank Account).
- Visit Income Tax e-Filing Portal and login with your credentials.
- Go to Profile Settings and click on ‘Pre-validate your Bank Account‘ option.
- Enter your bank details i.e. bank account number, IFSC, bank name, mobile number and email id. Remember your PAN, name, mobile number and email id must match with the details as given in your bank account, to successfully pre-validate your bank account.
- Click on ‘Prevalidate’ button.
- A message will be displayed on your screen which will read as “Your request for pre-validating your account has been submitted. Status of your request will be sent to the registered mobile number and email id.”
- Once the provided details are confirmed by your bank (provided you Bank is integrated with IT Dept), you will receive EVC code to validate the same, then the status of your Bank Account in e-Filing portal will be displayed as ‘Validated’ under Profile Settings -> Pre-validate your bank account option. (If your bank account is not integrated with the e-filing portal, then the income tax department will validate the bank account itself from the details filled up by you.)
- If required, you can remove the validated bank account after 24 hours of validating it.
- You can also ‘Enable EVC’ option for the linked bank account to receive Electronic Verification Code using Bank Account method to e-verify your Income Tax Return Form.
- In case, you have not yet linked your PAN card with Bank Account, you have to get it linked through your Bank’s net-banking provision or by visiting the respective Bank branch. You can then follow the above procedure to get it ‘Validated’ online at e-Filing Portal.
Kindly note that you can also ‘Validate’ your bank account through your respective Bank’s Net-Banking Portal.
Continue reading :
- How to check PAN Card Validity Status online?
- How to Cancel or Surrender PAN & Aadhaar Card of a deceased person?
- All you want to know about Income Tax Refunds | How to check Income Tax Refund Status online?
- How many Previous Years’ Income Tax Returns can be filed after Due date?
- Avoid using PAN card as an Identity Proof – Know when to quote PAN
(Post first published on : 19-May-2019)
I hold Indian bank current account which is not listed in Pre Validation Bank Account on efiling portal.Kindly advice how to validate this account to get my refund amount. I have submitted pre validation process but still it is in request submitted status.
If it is not listed then it may not be possible..
Did you check with your banker?
You may try with other bank account (if you have..)
Thanks for your reply !
I don’t have other account for company.
I haven’t checked with my banker.
If I open a new account do i have to file my return again??? I have got the intimation email from cpc because of this bank validation amount not credited yet in bank account.
Last two years I received tds on this indian bank account only.
Kindly suggest do I have to open an new bank account??? If I open and pre validated that account there any problem in getting refund amount to that account??
Indian Bank got merged with Allahad bank.
Generally all PSU banks are listed in the efiling portal.
May be due to the merger you may have to pick allahad bank. Kindly check with your banker first.
Make sure the NAME in
-Pan card and Bank account EXACTLY match.
If the name is not matching or with spelling mistake.. Refund is being rejected.
New refund process, is fully automated with no immediate Human intervention. Computer checks the matching name.
My Pan card was done 18 years back, with no importance to FIRST, MIDDLE, and SUR names then.
My refund got rejected several times, sayin “Name on the PAN CARD & BANK A/C did not MATCH.
Only after I made the change in PAN CARD & BANK A/C, and after 4 months I received my refund amount.
Dear ParthO ..Thanks for sharing this information!
NRIs are not eligible to get Aadhar Card. How do they get refund with new rules?
NRIs can disclose their Foreign bank account details to get the refund amount.
Thank you, that helps!
Does foreign bank account has to be in rupee account or sterling account
I believe it can be of any currency account (though I am not 100% sure on this).
Related articles :
I have provided my indian bank details on e filing income tax website but I am not able to validate my bank account, as the status shows request submitted under prevalidate bank details . Does my bank has to validate or I have to as I do not do internet banking with the bank. I am not resident of india.
Dear Prito..Suggest you to kindly check with your banker on this..
Hi Prito I have also facing this issue.
I hold indian bank current account which is not listed efiling portal bank list. Please suggest what you have done to validate the bank account because no one is answering correctly for this issue.
Six month back i left the job, Now i am going to withdraw my pension amount it is showing like that :” LESS THAN 6 MONTHS”, could you please suggest us. Please call me
Online EPS claim is not allowed for short service.
You can route your claim request through your ex-employer or to the concerned EPF regional office directly in offline mode.
* Online EPF Claim submission : Process Flow & Eligibility Conditions
* New EPF Composite Claim Form | Single Page Form for different types of PF Withdrawals (Full / Partial)
Hi Sreekanth, Really Nice. You have explained the points very Well.