As per the recent amendments to Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) Rules, 2017, Financial Institutions like Mutual Funds are mandated to obtain Aadhaar Number from their customers and link the same to the respective accounts / Folios.
The last date to link Aadhaar to Mutual funds is 31-March-2018 (as of now).
I am sure most of the mutual fund investors might have already submitted/provided their Aadhaar numbers to RTAs (like CAMS/Karvy/Franklin) (or) to the respective Fund houses.
I have also linked my Aadhaar to Mutual fund folios that I have invested in and have received the below confirmation email about the ‘Mutual Fund – Aadhaar Linking Status’ from one the RTAs i.e., CAMS.
I am sure, you might have also received such ’email authentication’ from your RTAs. However, even after linking Aadhaar to Mutual Fund folios, you may keep getting e-mail or SMS requests from the respective AMCs (Fund houses) or RTAs about Aadhaar linking, irrespective of whether you have linked Mutual funds with Aadhaar or not.
This can be quite confusing and you may be wondering whether your mutual fund folios have been successfully linked to Aadhaar or not. Is there any way to know your Mutual Funds – Aadhaar linking status online? Do you need to call each and every AMC to know the linking status, or is there any other simple way to know Aadhaar linking status?
Yes, you may call the AMCs to know the linking status, but this can be a time-consuming option. However, the RTAs like CAMS and Karvy have now come up with online provisions to know Aadhaar number – Mutual Fund folios linking status online.
How to check Mutual Funds – Aadhaar Linking Status online for CAMS serviced Mutual Fund Schemes?
CAMS is the main R&T agent and services more than half of the mutual fund industry. CAMS serviced Funds are as below ;
- Birla Sun life Mutual Fund
- DSP Blackrock MF
- HDFC Mutual Fund
- ICICI Prudential MF
- IDFC MF
- IIFL MF
- Kotak Mutual Fund
- L&T MF
- Mahindra MF
- PPFAS MF
- SBI MF
- Shriram MF
- TATA mutual fund &
- Union bank MF
If you have made investments in the MF Schemes offered by the above AMCs, you would have linked your Aadhaar number to MF Folios through respective AMCs or through CAMS.
To know the status of Aadhaar linking, you may follow the below steps;
- Kindly visit CAMS Aadhaar – Mutual Fund linking facility
- Click on ‘Aadhaar linking status – Individual’ option.
- You need to provide your PAN number and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- If your Aadhaar number is linked to CAMS serviced Mutual Fund Companies, then you can view the status message as “Aadhaar available for given PAN”.
- In case, you have not yet submitted your Aadhaar (or) Aadhaar is not linked to CAMS serviced Mutual Fund Companies, then you will see the status as “Aadhaar to be provided for the given PAN”.
How to check Mutual Funds – Aadhaar Number Linking Status online for Karvy serviced Mutual Fund Schemes?
Karvy provides R&T agent services to mutual fund houses like ; Axis Mutual Fund, Baroda Pioneer Mutual Fund, BOI AXA Mutual Fund, Canara Robeco, DHFL Pramerica Mutual Fund, IDBI Mutual Fund, INVESCO Mutual Fund, JM Financial Mutual Fund, LIC Mutual Fund, Mirae Asset Mutual Fund, Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund, Peerless Mutual Fund, Principal Mutual Fund, Reliance MF, Quantum Mutual Fund, Taurus Mutual Fund, UTI MF etc.,
- Kindly visit Karvy’s Aadhaar Linking status check online facility.
- Click on the respective options as shown in the above image.
- You need to provide your PAN number and then click on ‘generate OTP’ button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number and email (linked to MF Folios with Karvy). Enter OTP in the relevant field and click on ‘Validate OTP’ button.
- If your Mutual fund folios have already been linked to Aadhaar, you will get the message as “Status : Aadhaar Seeding Successful”, else the message “Aadhaar not registered” will be displayed on the screen.
Besides CAMS and Karvy, the other RTAs are Franklin and Sundaram. As of now, these RT Agents are yet to provide online Aadhaar linking status check facilities. If you have invested in their MF schemes, you may have to check with their customer care centers to know the linking status.
(Actually, if you have already submitted your Aadhaar to Franklin, you may just try submitting your Aadhaar details again through Franklin Templeton online Aadhaar linking facility, you will get a message on screen as ‘Aadhaar number has been already submitted for the given PAN’.)
Related Articles :
- How to link Aadhaar number to Mutual Fund Investments online?
- Important Dates & Deadlines for Aadhaar linking with PAN, Mutual Funds, Insurance Policies & Mobile SIM
- How to link Aadhaar number to LIC Policies online?
- Aadhaar number & Multiple Bank Accounts | Linking Status & Govt’s Subsidy
- How to check / verify if your Aadhaar number is active or not?
- How to link Aadhaar Number with PAN in three simple steps?
(Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net) (Post published on 07-March-2018)