Shri Bandaru Dattatraya, Honorable Minister of State for Labour & Employment has recently launched three new mobile based services for EPF (Employees Provident Fund) members namely;
The minister has informed that these services will facilitate nearly 3.54 crores contributing members, 49.22 lakh pensioners and 6.1 lakh employers. It is estimated that a total number of nearly 1.80 crore UAN are activated, 58.72 lakh UAN are seeded with AADHAAR and 1.82 crore UAN are seeded with Bank Account.
EPFO Mobile App
EPFO Mobile APP Key features
Below are the key features of EPF Mobile Application;
- Mobile Application is useful to employers, employees and pensioners.
- The EPF members / subscribers can activate UAN (Universal Account Numbers) from the comfort of their mobile phones.
- As an EPF subscriber you can access your EPF account for viewing monthly credits through the passbook option and can also view your EPF account details available with EPFO.
- The EPF pensioners have been given the facility to access the pension disbursement details through this mobile app.
- The employers can view the PF remittance details.
SMS based UAN activation service
A new SMS based UAN activation service which enables members to activate their accounts by sending an SMS to 7738299899 thus further making the activation process easy. Once activated, the member becomes eligible to all services envisaged in UAN programme such as credit alerts, passbook etc. This new service is especially helpful to such members who may not have easy access to computers or smart phones.
EPFO has already in place a Short Code SMS service which has enabled the members in knowing their details along with contribution and PF Balance through an SMS at 7738299899.
EPFO’s Missed Call Service
EPFO has also launched the Missed Call service for all the UAN activated EPF subscribers. The EPF member can give a missed call at 011 2290 1406 to know the EPF balance and other EPF a/c details.
Continue reading other EPF related articles;
- How to transfer your EPF funds online through OTCP & UAN Member Portal?
- How is interest calculated on EPF Account – Components & Illustration?
- How to track in-operative EPF account through EPFO’s online Helpdesk?
(Photo Credit : rediff.com)