Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued a notification on 11th March 2015, authorizing 28 banks to open Sukanya Samriddhi A/c. SSA (Sukanya Samriddhi Account / Yojana) is a Small Savings Scheme launched by our honorable PM Shri Narendra Modi. Sukanya Samriddhi Account/Khatha is a Government’s Small Savings Special deposit Scheme for girl child. This scheme is specially designed for girl’s higher education or marriage needs.
Where can I open Sukanya Samriddhi A/c?
Below is the list of banks where you can open Sukanya Samriddhi Account. RBI has authorized these banks to accept Sukanya Samriddhi Applications.
- State Bank of India (SBI)
- State Bank of Patiala (SBP)
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
- State Bank of Travancore (SBT)
- State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH)
- State Bank of Mysore (SBM)
- Andhra Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- Bank of Baroda (BOB)
- Bank of India (BOI)
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
- Union Bank of India (UBI)
- United Bank of India (UBI)
- Vijaya Bank
- Axis Bank Ltd
- ICICI Bank Ltd.
- IDBI Bank Ltd.
Sukanya Samriddhi Account – Application Form
Click on the below image to download Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) application form (Sukanya Samriddhi A/c opening form in PDF format).
Click on the below image to download the specimen of Sukanya Samriddhi Account Passbook (5 pages).
Kindly note that Sukanya Samriddhi A/c can also be opened in Post office (Daak Ghar. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account can be transferred from a bank / post office branch to other bank / post-office branch.
For more details on Sukanya Samriddhi Account interest & maturity amount calculations, terms & conditions, features, tax benefits (Section 80C) details etc., kindly read my below articles;
- Sukanya Samriddhi A/c (SSA Yojana) – Features, Review, Benefits & Returns Calculation
- Comparison of SSA with PPF (Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme Vs Public Provident Fund)
- Sukanya Samriddhi Deposit Scheme – Budget 2015 – Income Tax exemptions & Tax Benefits