“A sum of Rs 27,000 crore is lying as ‘unclaimed amount‘ in the EPF accounts”. That’s a huge amount!
The reasons for not claiming EPF Scheme benefits can be due to ignorance/ negligence on part of the EPF members, procedural delays by the EPFO or ‘no-claim’ made by the nominees/legal-heirs after the death of the subscribers.
To make things easy for EPF members & their beneficiaries, the EPFO has recently launched two online functionalities – a revamped version of e-Nomination facility for filing nomination form by the EPF members and an online provision for EPF death withdrawal claim by beneficiary.
The e-Nomination functionality is available at Member Interface of EPFO Unified Portal. Any member having activated and Aadhaar seeded UAN (Universal Account Number), can avail this online facility.
Using this e-Nomination online facility an EPF member can update or change his/her nominee or beneficiary details online. Also, Aadhaar number of beneficiary is mandatory for the completion of e-nomination procedure.
In the event of demise of the member, his/her nominee or beneficiary can submit EPF Composite Death Claim Form, based on OTP on his/her Aadhaar linked mobile.
Currently, a beneficiary of EPF member has to submit Death claim form to the member’s employer or the EPFO in offline mode only.
With the launch of these new online functionalities, even PF death claim form or EPS Pension Claim form can now be submitted online through EPFO UAN member portal.
(EPF Composite Death Claim Form is a single form to claim EPF – Form 20, EPS Pension – Form 10D & EDLI claim – Form 5IF.)
Aadhaar based Online EPF Death Claim by Beneficiary – New Process
Upon the death of an EPF member, his/her beneficiary can make three types of withdrawal claims;
- EPF Withdrawal Claim (Form 20)
- EPS Pension Claim (Form 10D) &
- Life Insurance Claim under EDLI Scheme (Form 5IF)
With the launch of new online facility, EPF member’s beneficiary can submit these claim forms or composite claim form online.
However, the pre-requisite is an EPF member should have updated the nominee/beneficiary details under e-Nomination link of UAN member portal. If so..
- The PF subscriber’s beneficiary can visit EPFO’s unified member portal.
- Click on ‘Death claim filing by beneficiary‘ link under ‘Important links’ section of the page.
- The beneficiary has to provide below details and these should be as per the EPFO records.
- Click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’. An authorization pin will be sent to the beneficiary’s Aadhaar linked mobile number.
- Once you (beneficiary) submit the pin, you can file the PF death claim forms online with the EPFO.
I hope you find this article useful and informative! Do share this information with your family members. Cheers!
Continue reading :
- How to do EPF e-Nomination with Beneficiary Aadhaar & Photo? | Latest & New Online Procedure
- How to make EPF Death Claim by Nominee of a Subscriber via OFFLINE mode? | EPF/EPS/EDLI Scheme Benefits
- Nominee Vs Legal Heir : Who will inherit (or) own your Assets? | Importance of WILL
(Post published on : 02-August-2019)