The Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar number to Employee Provident Fund account. The EPFO has recently introduced most of its facilities online.
Now you can check your PF account balance, statements, submit online PF transfer claims (or) make partial/full withdrawal of money from your PF account online. But to avail most of these facilities, your Aadhaar number should have been linked with UAN (Universal Account Number).
Aadhaar is an important document for KYC verification as it contains details such as name, date of birth, address, photo etc. If you have provided your Bank account details in your UAN interface and authenticated your Aadhaar number then settlement of claims can be very quick and easy.
In this post, let’s discuss the different options through which you can link Aadhaar to EPF UAN.
How to link EPF UAN to Aadhaar through eKYC Portal? (Option – 1)
The EPFO has very recently launched this online provision to link Aadhaar to your EPF account (UAN). You can submit your Aadhaar number to EPFO without login into your UAN member portal.
- Kindly visit EPF portal.
- Click on ‘eKYC portal‘ under ‘online services’ section of home-page.
- You will be re-directed to eKYC portal page. Kindly click on ‘Link UAN Aadhaar‘ option under ‘For EPFO members’ section.
- Under ‘link your UAN with Aadhaar’ screen, provide your current UAN number and mobile number that is linked to UAN and click on ‘Generate OTP’. Provide the OTP in ‘Confirm OTP’ field & your Aadhaar number and then click on ‘submit’ button. (The moment you provide your UAN number, the mobile number that is linked to it gets displayed.)
- After the successful OTP verification and if your personal details between UAN – Aadhaar match then Aadhaar will be linked to your UAN. In this process, your employer is not involved.
- If there are any discrepancies (for example : your name in UAN can be different to the name provided in Aadhaar), you need to get them corrected either in UAN (through your employer) or in Aadhaar card.
Under this eKYC portal, you also have the option to track your eKYC status online (track Aadhaar-UAN linking status online).
- Kindly visit eKYC portal. Click on ‘Track eKYC’ link under ‘for EPFO members’ section.
- If UAN and Aadhaar are linked successfully then you will receive the below message.
Option 2 – How to link Aadhaar number to UAN through Member portal?
You can also link your UAN to Aadhaar by login into your EPFO’s UAN member portal as well.
- Kindly visit EPFO’s unified member portal. Login to your UAN interface with your credentials.
- Select ‘Manage’ tab and click on ‘KYC’ option.
- Under ‘Add KYC‘ section, you have the options to provide your Bank account details, PAN, Aadhaar number etc., Once you provide these details, they will be displayed under ‘Pending KYC section‘.
- Once your employer approves them, they will be moved to ‘Approved KYC‘ section.
- To link UAN and Aadhaar, you need to then click on ‘Verify‘ button that is displayed against your Aadhaar number under ‘Approved KYC’ section.
- The EPFO will access your Aadhaar details and cross-check them with the details available in UIDAI database. If they match, on successful authentication, your UAN gets linked to Aadhaar number. The status under Approved KYC against your Aadhaar will now be displayed as ‘Verified‘.
- If there are any discrepancies, the linking will not happen. You can also check the linking status online through eKYC portal facility. If your UAN is not linked to Aadhaar, you will get the below error message.
Option 3 – In case, you do not have the internet facility or facing some technical issues, you can also seed your Aadhaar to UAN offline by visiting any of the EPF field offices (Common Service Centers).
Continue reading :
- What is the procedure to withdraw EPF online?
- How to check / verify if your Aadhaar number is active or not?
- How to link Aadhaar to your Mutual Fund investments online?
(Post published on : 20-October-2017)