ReLakhs.com completes 5 years!
I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since I started blogging! Five years is a long time in the blogosphere, and I’m glad to still be around 🙂
Actually, this post was ideally due in the first week of June itself. Since I was out-of-station and had to take-up other priorities, I couldn’t write anything to celebrate my blog’s 5th anniversary, which is a big milestone and deserves a dedicated post.
Over the years on my blog, many of you have contributed so much to my progress, encouraging me just when I need it and being supportive.
On this special occasion of ‘five year Blog Anniversary‘, I would like to thank all my blog readers, family members, well-wishers, friends, mentors & friends on Social Media for your continuous encouragement, motivation, trust & constructive criticism!
My sincere thanks to;
- Smt. Padmalochani (for being my guru & mentor)
- Basavaraj – Founder – Basunivesh.com (for encouraging me to have my own blog)
- Jane Sheeba & the team at Besthostinganddesign.com
- Suguna – Founder of Kannammacooks.com
- Asan Ideas for wealth (Facebook group) &
- All by Blog readers
Five year Blog Anniversary | Fifth Year Journey !
To be frank, this year I am not really happy to celebrate my blogging anniversary. The reason being, I could not allocate more time for blogging due to Personal-life commitments (unplanned ones).
Ideally, I wish to publish around 100 to 110 articles every year. But, this year (June 2018 to June 2019), I could write only 66 articles!
Inspite of this, I am quite happy to know that around 25 Lakh new users have visited ReLakhs during the last one year and around 1.67 cr users in the last five years.
Kindly don’t perceive that I am being complacent or exhausted or neglecting my blog. No way! It’s just that I do not want to fill my blog space with unwanted or less-informative posts when I am not 100% ready to blog!
In my 5th year of Blogging too, I have adhered to my Blog’s aims and objectives which are as below;
- To make sure that majority of my blog readers understand the articles on personal finances and present the articles in simple and easy to understand manner.
- To write unbiased reviews on Financial Products.
- Not to associate with any Company to sell any kind of Financial products/services.
- To value my blog reader’s time.
- To try to respond to each and every genuine query / comment ASAP.
In the last one year, I tried to answer as many queries as possible that were directed to me by the Quora team (especially EPF related queries).
On the technical front, we have worked really hard to improve site loading time over the last few months and I could see the positive results of this. I have to thank my tech team for providing continuous support as and when needed.
Let’s now go through some interesting blog statistics..
ReLakhs.com – Blog Statistics (till date..)
- Total Number of articles published : 528
- Number of Comments : 58,000+
- Total number of registered Subscribers in Forum : 2,634
- No. of Facebook page likes : 8,940+
- Twitter Followers : 1050+
- Linkedin Network: 1250+ connections
- Number of registered Email Subscribers for Newsletter : 18,200+
- ReLakhs website Rankings (as on 20-June-2019) :
- As per Alexa
- Google Analytics Traffic Data
Google Analytics Data (last 12 months data)
- Number of Users, Sessions & Page-Views
- New Visitors Vs Returning Visitors
- Demographics – Age & Gender wise
- Page-views & Average time on Page
- Demographics – City wise
- Top Channels
- Device Category Data
- Social Media Sessions
My Favorite Articles list (out of the articles published during the last 1 year)
- How much Term Life Insurance Cover do I need? | Online Insurance coverage Calculator
- 5 Practical ways to increase your Take Home Salary (Pay)!
- RBI’s statistical data on Indian Households Savings & Investments (2017-18) | How & Where do we save & invest?
- List of all Popular Investment Options in India – Features & Snapshot
- My List of popular Fee-only Financial Planners in India (Part-2) | Based on my interactions & observations
- Income Tax Exemption Vs Tax Deduction Vs Tax Rebate Vs TDS | Key Differences
The consistent good work that has been done during my first four blogging years have helped my blog to remain stable inspite of not-so-great-work done in the fifth year of my blogging career.
But, I am very well aware that things can not be taken for granted, this can’t be the same going forward and to stay among the best, need to again allocate sufficient time for blogging. I sincerely pray and wish that God gives me enough strength to make this happen.
I always believe that Blogging is a God-given opportunity to me and I will try my best to utilize and make-most-of-it 🙂
Good luck to you all too and thank you for being part of Relakhs family. Keep sharing your comments. Cheers!
(Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net) (Post first published on : 20-June-2019)