Knowledge is power. Knowledge is more powerful than physical strength and no great work can be done without knowledge. When we say that God is ‘omniscient’, it means he has perfect knowledge of all things 🙂 .
Can we humans say that we know everything? We can’t know everything. But we do try to acquire knowledge on the things which we do not know or understand. We try to refer books, visit and read relevant websites/blogs, take advice from elders or knowledgeable persons (subject matter experts) etc.,
When it comes to financial world, I believe that no one can call himself/herself a financial expert. The reason being, finance is a dynamic and an ever changing field. ‘Finance is an exciting and continually changing field’.
I am an avid reader of books/journals related to Personal finance. I have been reading Outlook Money magazine since 2004. In fact, I have kept a separate magazine rack to keep old magazines safely 🙂
I have committed lot of investment mistakes during 2004 to 2008 and sometime in 2009-10, I had started looking at my personal finances more seriously. It was in 2010 I guess, came across a personal finance blog called Jagoinvestor and read an article on ‘what is mutual fund STP’ (Systematic Transfer Plan). I was just bowled over by the content available in that blog posts. Since then I have been following jogoinvesor articles without fail.
Now, as a blogger myself, I do follow lot of blogs on personal finances to keep myself up-to-date on personal financial topics. May times, I visit relevant finance related portals to get the required knowledge when answering the queries posted by my blog readers 🙂 .
In this post, let me list out the Personal Finance blogs / websites that I follow and learn from. Kindly note that this list is not an exhaustive one and is also not based on any rankings/visitor traffic data. (The below list has been arranged in alphabetical order.)
- BasuNivesh is an initiative started with the aim to educate & create awareness about mis-selling of Financial products / services.
- Basavaraj is the founder of basunivesh. I personally know him for the last 6 years and I can confidently say that his blog is one of the few blogs which has unbiased content. I have been inspired by his work, efforts and passion to spread awareness about the importance of Personal Financial Planning.
- I consider bemoneyaware blog as the Bible of Personal Finance. You name any personal finance topic and you can find it. The articles are well-researched and written in a very comprehensive style. Kirti S Desai is the founder of bemoneyaware blog.
- Blog.cleartax .in
- Cleartax is all about concepts related to Taxation. The articles on Tax matters are written in a simple language and you can also find lot of awesome info-graphics in this portal.
- Chartered Club is an Online Portal to share knowledge on various CA related & Tax related topics. I often visit their Forum section to find answers related to taxation matters. Karan Batra is the founder of Chartered Club.
- I came across this wonderful blog in one of the Facebook groups (ASAN Ideas for wealth). Mr Rajshekhar Roy is the author of this personal finance blog. Mr Roy shares his real-life case studies on personal finances. He also shares realistic insights on various investment avenues like Stocks, Mutual funds, Real estate etc.
- You can find free Excel-based calculators (open-source calculators) for planning your finances and investments here. Prof Pattabiraman Murari (fondly called as Pattu sir by his followers/friends) is the man behind freefincal. Pattu sir is an associate professor at IIT, Madras. His first and recently launched book ‘You can be Rich Too’ has become one of the Bestsellers on many online e-commerce portals.
- It is a personal finance blog that teaches everything about money and how to live a good financial life. It is one of the first blogs on Personal finance in India, started way back in 2008. Manish Chauhan is the chief blogger and Founder of Jagoinvestor.com. I have been learning many things about blogging by reading the jagoinvestor articles.
- If I have to analyze latest Stock IPOs and find latest news on various investment options (like bonds, mutual funds, stocks, insurance products etc), I visit myinvestmentideas blog. Mr Suresh KP is a founder of Myinvestmentideas.com. He has written more than 1000 articles and loves doing analysis on various best investment plans.
- I have been following this blog closely for the last six months or so. Deepesh Raghaw is the author and founder of this portal. The articles written by Deepesh are very informative. I remember reading his article on MCLR (new lending rate), since then I have become a fan of his blog posts.
- Actually I had accidentally bumped into this resourceful blog sometime in 2015, since then I have become an avid reader. The articles written by Dev Ashish are very thought-provoking. Dev believes in assisting people to invest profitably in stocks, get their personal finances in order and more importantly, use common sense to achieve what they want in life. Stable Investor was started in 2011 and the site focuses on 3 simple aspects of Long Term Wealth Creation Strategy – Investing, Personal Financial Planning & Common Sense.
- You can find all the latest news, analysis, notifications etc on Tax related matters here.
- This blog is owned by Vipin. I find his articles to be very simple, easy to understand and educative. He also shares lot of real-life experiences and learnings through his blog posts.
I am sure, you must also be following some Personal Finance blogs, am I right? Please share your favorite list of finance related websites in the below ‘Comments’ section. Cheers!
Kindly note that ReLakhs.com is not associated with any of the above Blogs/Portals. This article is for knowledge sharing purposes only.
(References : Respective above websites) (Image courtesy of fantasista at FreeDigitalPhotos.net) (Post published on 20-Jan-2017)