Do you want to track your monthly expenses? Do you want to find out on which category you are spending more? Do you want to set up due date reminders for Utility Bill payments? Do you want to know what are your bank account balances without logging into bank accounts?
I have been searching for a good EXPENSE TRACKER (or) Expense Manager App/tool. I recently bumped into an App which is known as MONEY VIEW – Expense Manager. It is an Android based application.
I downloaded Money View App after going through its features, reviews and system requirements. The business idea is awesome and very innovative.
Let me try to explain some important features about Money View app and also about ‘how it works?’
Money View – Expense Manager Android App
We SPEND money to pay bills, to shop online, to buy groceries, to make periodic payments like EMIs etc., We may use Debit Card(s) or Credit Card(s) or Net banking or Cash to make these payments.
We RECEIVE monies in the form of Salary, fund transfers etc.,
For most of these transactions we receive SMSs (Text messages). We also receive messages regarding Bank balances, Bill due date reminders, Credit Card outstanding amount reminders/due dates.
What Money View App does is, it reads all these SMS messages and presents us REAL TIME visibility of your Finances. This app uncovers the hidden treasure of financial data that just sits idly in SMS logs and it makes a real good use of this data.
As soon as you receive a financial transaction related SMS, Money View app reads the text message and updates the reports. So, no manual entry of data is required.
You can find below features on Money View app:
- You can view bank account balances (there is no need to login to bank accounts). You can also view the latest banking transactions.
- Organizes all financial transactions in one place – including credit/debit card, net banking and cash spend.
- The app Shows your loan EMIs, credit card, mobile, utility, and other bills in one place
- You can get timely alerts so that you are never late in paying your bills
- You can manually enter Cash transactions. So that it is very easy to track your cash expenses.
- Money View app auto categorizes your payments and show major areas of spend
- You can view weekly and monthly summary to help you avoid overspending and make your budget planning efficient
- It tracks your expenses, sends personalized reminders to pay bills, finds relevant savings options, and more.
- All these reports are presented in simple and easy to read charts. You can view your spending trends over time to track your financial progress
- There won’t be any impact on financial data even if you delete the SMS messages and logs.
- In case if you receive multiple text messages with respect to same banking transaction then there is an option to mark it as a duplicate entry. (You may even cancel the entry in the app)
- As of now, we can not manually enter data for banking transactions (non-cash). It seems the app developers are going to release the next version with this feature soon.
So, the main features of Moneyview app are – ‘Track your expenses’, ‘Manage Bills’, ‘Check Account Balances’ and ‘Record your cash expenses.’
Money View App & Data Security
- The best feature about this app is, it never asks bank login or password. It just reads the SMS messages you receive. Then it compiles and categorizes the data.
- There is an option to set a PIN (passcode) to access the app.
- Money View App has no access to sensitive data like full bank/credit card account numbers. Hence your data can never be misused
- The SMS data that is captured by Money View app is encrypted and the company claims that this data is not shared with any other service provider.
It is free of cost as of now. I guess they may soon charge for it. You can download it from GOOGLE PLAY. Your Smartphone should have Android version of 4.0 and above. (You can also visit www.moneyview.in to download the app)
Organize your finances and understand ‘What’s going on’ with your MONEY. Manage your finances anytime and anywhere. Do share your experiences and views after using this App. I found it really interesting and useful for me.
(I am not associated with the developer of MONEY VIEW App. This post is for information purpose only). ( Image courtesy of jesadaphorn at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)