I am 33 years old working lady. My purpose for investment is primarily for my child’s education who is 3 n half years old so for long term. Side by inside I want to save for purchase of home also. I am investing in Mutual funds through SIPs for 3 years only so need your advise whether to continue with it or review it.
1. Aditya Birla Sun life equity Advantage fund – G RS. 1000/
2. Baroda Multicap find – Plan A G /Rs.3000
3. Franklin India Equity Fund – G Rs. 2000/
4. Franklin India tax shield G- Rs. 2500/
5. HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund-G- RS. 3000/
6. ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund – G-RS. 2000/
7. Reliance Focussed Equity Fund – G – RS. 3000/
8. SBI bluechip fund G – RS. 5000/
9. UTI Midcap fund G- Rs. 1500/
Besides this I have RS. 40000/ lumpsum in DSP tax saver fund- growth.
I also have ppf and sukanya smriddhi in which I invest RS. 36000/ each per year. I also have bank RDs of RS. 5000/pm.
Please review the same as market is down and investment are showing downtrends so I am doubting whether I need any reshuffling???
May I know if you have adequate life insurance cover? Do you have health cover for self+kid?
What is the investment horizon for your ‘House purchase’? What are the schemes earmarked for this goal?
Related articles ”
Hi, thanks for responding,
I have pure term insurance of RS. 65 lac (RS. 25 lac by self and RS. 40 lac by employer). I want to increase my part but postponing it due to some medical reasons.
I have health insurance from star health- family floater of RS. 5 lac, Rs.5 lac HDFC ergo for self .
These are other than Rs. 4 lac provided by employer.
Investment horizon for house is 5-6 years from now. Though I know it would be towards repayment only as my husband n me will surely go for bank loans.
I haven’t earmarked any specific scheme for this goal. As I told earlier I m in this area for last three years only and never reviewed portfolio earlier
But seeing market I am worried!!!
Kindly try to take adequate life cover. Sometimes, an insurer may charge loading on premium and can give you the required cover.
House Purchase :
I am assuming, you mean it is ‘down-payment’.
The volatility in equity markets is an expected one. The returns are not guaranteed and plz be ready to see negative returns in your portfolio. But, do stay invested for long-term.
If your investment horizon is around 5 years, suggest you to stick to Hybrid Equity Funds for the next 3 to 4 years.
Ex : HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund
Kid’s Education goal:
Franklin India Equity Fund – G Rs. 2000/
Franklin India tax shield G- Rs. 2500/
ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund
SBI bluechip fund G
Can be considered.
Kindly go through below articles :
- Mutual Fund Portfolio Overlap Comparison Tools
- What are Mutual Fund Upside / Downside Capture Ratios? | How to use them in MF Performance Analysis?
- How to select the right and best Mutual Fund Scheme based on the Measures of Volatility?