i want to invest 1.5 Lakh lump-sum in banking fund for 5yrs or more. Is it advisable to invest in ICICI Pru banking & financial DG fund or SBI Banking & financial DG fund?? Pls suggest one above fund for Lump sum or SIP.
I have 1multicap, 1large&midcap, 2small cap, 1Aggressive Hybrid fund, 1Value fund & 1Focused fund in my portfolio investing via SIP.
If ok, you may kindly share the MF scheme names that you have invested in..
May I know why would you like to invest in a banking (sectoral) fund? Is your investment horizon around 5 years?
(DG? – Do you mean Dividend/Growth??)
Hi, Thank u for reply…My schemes are below all are Direct Growth (DG)
1) Parag parikh long term fund – Rs6000 SIP
2) Canara Robeco Emerging Equity fund – Rs6000 SIP
3) Franklin India smaller cos – Rs7000 SIP
4) DSP small cap fund – Rs4000 SIP
5) ICICI pru Equity & Debt fund – Rs 5000 SIP
6) ICICI pru value discovery fund – Rs5000 SIP
7) Franklin focused fund – Rs4500 SIP
8) Franklin low duration fund – Rs1,75,000/- (Lumpsum- Invested 2yes back)
Returns from banking sector fund was very good for last 1yr, 3yrs ,5yrs & 10yrs. So i feel its better to invest lumpsum amount like FD in this fund.
Pls guide me, Is this ok? or suggest some other funds.Time Horizon 5 or more then 5yrs.(wealth creation purpose only)
Note: DG – Direct Growth
The listed funds are good ones, but I believe that your portfolio has a higher risk profile with greater allocation to mid/small/value/focused based funds.
Most of the MF Schemes may already have higher exposure to Banking / Fin services Stocks hence given a choice I would avoid picking a banking (sectoral) MF scheme.
Related articles :
- Mutual Fund Portfolio Overlap Comparison Tools
- Top Mutual Fund Schemes to invest in 2019 | Best Equity Funds for Long-Term
Thank u for your opinion………
pls guide me where can i invest 1.5lakh…….in existing fund?..if yes, which fund.
Also suggest SIP amount allocation in existing funds.
Tks for guidence
Allocation amount depends on your time-frame, risk profile and required corpus amount. You may kindly consult a fee-only financial planner on this.
You may invest lump sum amount in 2 to 4 installments over the next 6 month period in funds like ICICI pru Equity & Debt fund, Parag Parikh fund, ICICI Value discovery fund / Franklin Focused ..
thanks a lot and appreciate your kind advice
Suggested readings :