I have started SIP of 1100 monthly in L&T india fund 3.5 years back and it’s return on current date is less than 4%.
My financial adviser asked me to stop SIP in the L&T Fund and start fresh SIP in good performing fund. Here I have confusion.
1) SIP is suppose to continue for longer time so avoid maket violation but if I stop then I will loose my tenure in SIP.
2) If I stop current SIP then my fund will be locked at 4% so again there is a loss to my fund.
3) If I start new SIP today then my new SIP tenure will start from today
Would you suggest to switch SIP fund like this ? If yes then where is the core of SIP , I mean SIP meant to continue for longer period but if we switch fund then will I not be losing longevity of SIP ?
May I know your investment objective and time-frame for this investment?
Do you invest in any other MF schemes in your portfolio?
My objective of 1100/month SIP is for retirement and I will continue this policy until my 60 years of age.
Yes I do invest in other MF scheme too.
SIP is not a guarantee, it’s a hope!
One needs to have a proper Asset Allocation and invest in both Equity & Debt Products to fulfill his/her financial goals.
May I know your other MF Scheme names and are you happy with their performances??
Here is my investment summary.
1) Axis Focused 25 Fund – Gr : 75000 Invested
2) Axis Long Term Equity Fund – Gr : 28000
3) Canara Robeco Equity Diversified Fund – Gr : 72000
4) Invesco India Contra Fund – Gr : 65000
5) Kotak Equity Arbitrage Fund – Gr : 97000
6) Kotak Standard Multicap Fund – Gr : 68000
7) Kotak Tax Saver – Gr : 21500
8) L&T Midcap Fund – Gr : 75000
9) Mirae Asset Tax Saver Fund – Gr : 32500
10) Motilal Oswal Long Term Equity Fund – Gr : 96000
11) Nippon India Low Duration Fund – Gr : 100000
12) Nippon India Tax Saver Fund – Gr: 75000
13) TATA Short Term Bond Fund Regular Plan – Growth: 135000
14) SBI Savings Fund – Gr : 5000
SIP are as follows
1) L&T India Value Fund – Gr : 1100/Month
2) Axis Multicap Fund – Gr : 3000/Month
3) HDFC Mid Cap Opportunities Fund – Gr : 2000/Month
4) L&T Emerging Businesses Fund – Gr : 2000/Month
5) L&T India Value Fund – Gr : 3000/Month