The EPFO has been implementing quite a few digital initiatives over the last 1 year or so. As per the EPFO, all the EPF members whose KYC details have been ‘digitally verified‘ can avail the online services (like online EPF transfer / withdrawal).
If you are an EPF subscriber, to submit online EPF claims, you should have seeded your PAN, Aadhaar and Bank account details to your EPF UAN account. Besides linking, you also need to verify Aadhaar and PAN online in EPFO’s member portal.
I have been receiving a lot of queries on PAN verification for the last few weeks. You might have added PAN to your UAN account, might have got it approved by your employer (can cross-check in KYC section), but still you might be receiving PAN – NOT VERIFIED error message, when you try submitting an online claim.
How to resolve this issue? What is the online procedure to digitally verify PAN that is linked to your EPF UAN account?
How to verify PAN linked to EPF UAN Account online?
Below is the online procedure to verify PAN in EPFO UAN member portal;
- Kindly visit EPFO’s Unified Member Portal and login with your credentials.
- Check if there is any ‘PAN – Unverified’ status in the home-page of UAN member-interface, under Member profile.
- You can also cross-check the status of online PAN verification status under ‘Manage‘ menu tab -> KYC -> Digitally Approved KYC section. (If you have linked your Aadhaar number and successfully verified it, the online verification status against Aadhaar would be ‘verified by UIDAI.)
- So, now you need to get your PAN verified. Kindly go back to UAN member-interface home page -> Member profile section. Click on ‘Verify‘ button against PAN number.
- The EPFO will fetch your PAN details (PAN number/ Name) from the Income Tax department and compares them with details available in UAN account. If the data matches, your PAN online verification status turns to ‘Verified by ITD‘ in home-page and also under KYC section.
- In case, your name or PAN number provided by you does not match, you will receive the below message. You can find ‘Failed‘ status under the Member Profile.
- To resolve the data mis-match issue, you need to get your name against EPF UAN / PAN corrected. (Related article : ‘How to get Name against UAN corrected online?‘)
Continue reading :
- How to link EPF UAN to Aadhaar online?
- Is EPF interest taxable if unemployed?
- How to withdraw EPF online?
(Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net) (Post published on : 21-December-2017)