Today is our blog’s anniversary as it turned 3. Time flies pretty fast. These three years have been very incredible and a great learning experience for me.
‘Knowledge is power’. Knowledge is more powerful than physical strength and no great work can be done without knowledge. ReLakhs.com, has now grown into something that I could have only dreamed of. On this special day, I just wanted to say thank you so much for allowing me to share my knowledge with you all.
Thank you for being a part of my journey and thank you for allowing me to be a part of your Financial life’s journey.
On this special occasion – ‘3 year Blog Anniversary ‘, I would like to thank all my blog readers, family members, well-wishers, friends, mentors & friends on Social Media for your continuous encouragement, motivation, trust, constructive criticism and support!
My sincere thanks to;
- Basavaraj – Founder – Basunivesh.com (for encouraging me to start my own blog)
- Smt.Padmalochani (for being my guru & mentor)
- Jane Sheeba & the team at Besthostinganddesign (life-line of ReLakhs.com)
- Suguna – Founder – Kannammacooks.com
- Asan Ideas for wealth (Facebook group – a great place to learn, unlearn & re-learn about Personal Finance) &
- All by Blog readers
3rd year Journey
In my 3rd year of Blogging too, I have adhered to my Blog’s aims and objectives which are;
- To make sure that majority of the investors (blog readers) understand the articles. To keep the articles simple and easy to understand.
- To write unbiased reviews on Financial Products.
- Not to associate with any Company to sell any kind of Financial products/services.
- To value my blog reader’s time.
- To try to respond to each and every genuine query / comment ASAP.
I believe that ReLakhs is now going through a ‘Consolidation’ phase, have been receiving good traffic (blog visits), comments and responses in a more consistent way!. There were no major ups & downs during the last one year!
From day one, I have always believed in writing articles based on the audience interests and present the topics in the language they understand. The main aim is to reach out as many investors as possible through my blog and encourage them to have a holistic view on their finances.
I am very happy to say that most of my blog readers are now posting queries (on Forum / Blog Comments Section) related to ‘goal based financial planning‘ than on specific financial products..! It is indeed a good sign!
During the last 12 months, I have consciously tried to cover articles across all the categories. But, I could not write many articles as planned, due to certain personal life commitments. Also, at one point-of-time, I had to decide between ‘high number of posts Vs replying to all queries/comments’, I am glad to say that I have opted for ‘replying to all comments’ as my priority task. On an average, I generally spend 2 to 3 hours per day to respond to genuine queries posted in Blog comment section (or) Forum.
On the Technical front, we have moved the website from http version to https (Secured) version.
ReLakhs.com – Blog Statistics (till date..)
I would like to share a few statistics…
- Total Number of articles published : 356
- Number of Comments : Around 42,000
- Forum statistics :
- Total number of registered Subscribers : 940
- Total number of Questions & Answers published : 1,700
- No. of Facebook page likes : 7,700 +
- Number of registered Email Subscribers for Newsletter : 14,000 +
- ReLakhs website Rankings (as on 31-May-2017) :
- As per Alexa
- As per SimilarWeb
Google Analytics Data (based on the last 12 months data)
- Number of Users, Sessions & Page-Views
- New Visitors Vs Returning Visitors
- Demographics – Age & Gender wise
- Demographics – City wise
- Market Segment
- Top Channels
Top 10 popular articles (based on the last 12 months blog traffic data)
- Income Tax Deductions list for FY 2016-17
- TDS Chart for FY 2016-17
- Latest EPF Withdrawal rules
- What is GST? – Explained in layman terms!
- How to generate UAN online?
- New EPF Withdrawal forms
- Post office Small Saving Schemes Interest rates – FY 2016-17
- BDA Kempegowda Layout – Allotment of Residential Sites
- Best ELSS Tax saving Mutual Fund Schemes – FY 216-17
- How Income Tax Dept tracks High Value Financial Transactions?
My Favorite Articles (out of the articles published during the last 1 year)
- 5 Personal Financial Mistakes that I have committed!
- Traditional Life Insurance Plan – a terrible Investment option?
- 5 ways of Transferring your Real Estate Property
- Are there any Investment Options which are really THE BEST?
- Mutual Funds are subject to Market Risks – My Opinion!
- Different Asset Classes have different Tax implications – How Returns are taxed?
- Mutual Funds – SIP Vs Lump sum investment
- My Favorite Personal Finance Blogs
- Nominee Vs Legal Heir – Who will inherit your Assets & Properties?
- What is an Ancestral Property? – Definition & Legal rules
- Maintenance & Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act – Details & Guidelines
To be frank with you, as of now I do not have any major plans lined up for the next few months or so. But, all I can promise is that I will ‘keep learning’, ‘adhere to my ethics’ and ‘provide unbiased content’ to my blog readers.
I believe that bloggers are in a sweet-spot, as more and more users are searching for data on the Net, thanks to increasing internet penetration levels in India. Readers can now access useful data at their finger tips. Exciting times ahead!
Request you to kindly share your feedback, criticism, comments….Thank you for your time and support! Cheers!
By the by, June 1st is my Marriage anniversary day too! So, it’s a double dhamaka for me!
(Image courtesy : Fanpop.com)
(Post published on : 01-June-2017)