All the companies (establishments) which employ 20 people or more have to compulsorily deposit EPF dues every month. After deducting the Employee Provident Fund from the employee’s salary, the employer HAS to deposit the money with EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization).
It is a crime if an employer does not deposit the EPF money. An employer can be jailed if they fail to deposit the EPF money with EPFO.
Most of the big companies or MNCs might be very prompt in depositing EPF money, but this may not be the case with all the Small & Medium Establishments.
I have received few queries on ‘companies not depositing the EPF dues’ and queries on ‘how to check if the employer is actually depositing the EPF money after deducting the amount from the employee’s salary’.
If you have linked your UAN with Aadhar, you can receive monthly updates of PF credits to your mobile number linked to your UAN.
There is another online provision provided by the EPFO, wherein an employee can check if the company is covered under EPF scheme or not. Using this online facility, an employee can also check if the company has been depositing the EPF dues on a monthly basis for all the employees who are covered under EPF scheme.
In case, you are an employee who is contributing to EPF then you can also check if your name appears in the list of employees for whom PF dues have been deposited on a monthly basis.
How to find if your Establishment is an Exempted one online?
Kindly note that your Organization can be an Exempted establishment or Unexempted one. A company having its own trust for provident fund is exempted from getting it self registered with the Provident Fund Authorities. So, if your employer has their own Trust then your monthly contributions get deposited with the Trust and not with the EPFO.
Under this scenario, it is even more important for you to check if your name is enrolled in EPF Scheme or not.
So, let’s first understand the procedure to know if your organization is an Exempted or Unexempted Establishment;
- Visit epfindia.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Services‘ tab and select ‘For Employers’ option.
- Scroll down to ‘Services’ section and click on ‘Establishment Search’ option.
- In the new window, you have to provide your Establishment name, its code number (optional) and captcha code. Click on ‘Search’ button. I have considered ‘INFOSYS’ as an example for Establishment name.
- Click ‘view details’ of your Establishment under List of Establishments.
- Under Establishment Status, you can know if your Organization is an Exempted or Unexempted EPF Establishment. Infosys is an Exempted establishment as they have their own PF Trust. (Here, you can also find details if your company is operational or closed, under Working Status.)
- Under Establishment Details, you can find the concerned EPFO Regional office that administers your Establishment’s Trust.
How to check if my name is in PF rolls or not? Is my company depositing EPF amount to Trust/EPFO?
Whether your Organization is an exempted one not, if you are contributing to EPF scheme via Trust or to the EPFO directly, your name has to be available in the PF roll maintained by the EPFO.
Let’s now understand the procedure to check if your employer is depositing EPF amount periodically or not..
- Let’s continue with the above ‘INFOSYS’ example. As an employee of ‘Infosys’ you would like to know if your employer is depositing the EPF dues to the Trust maintained by them on a monthly basis, click on the ‘View Payment Details’ link under the Validity Status section.
- To view EPF Member names (Employee names), you have to then click on ‘No of Employee’ figure in the new window.
- Once you click on the ‘no. of employees’ link, you can provide your name in the ‘search box’ (as shown in the below image). If your name appears in the list then your company is depositing the EPF money in your EPF Account with the Trust/EPFO.
I hope this post is informative and useful. Continue reading other EPF related articles;
- EPF Interest Income & Withdrawals | Tax Implications | Is EPF Interest taxable?
- EPF a/c interest calculation : Components & illustration (Employees’ Provident Fund)
- Interest on Inoperative EPF accounts | Will I get interest on my Dormant EPF account?
- Online EPF Transfer | How to transfer PF funds to another EPF account Online?
- What happens to EPS on Transfer of EPF account (or) when you switch Jobs?
(Post first published on : 28-August-2018)
I have only PF account number of my past organization (no UAN), the PF no I have looks like this KN/12345/6789. I do not have any UAN neither i am able to contact the old organization and this account is not showing under my UAN login.
How can i withdraw this PF. Please help!
Just to clarify I have only one UAN which has present employee PF details.
You can contact the concerned EPFO regional office (which maintains your old EPF account) and get the funds transferred to your latest EPF account.
Related links :
* EPF Whatsapp Helpline Number for Grievance Redressal | Whatsapp Contact numbers of EPFO Regional Offices
* EPF Grievance redressal portal
* Why should you Withdraw Old EPF Account Balance? | In-operative EPF A/c Timeline
Thanks Sreekanth. Contacted the Grievance portal.
Also, i do not see any whatsapp helpline for BOMMASANDRA EPFO office, where my old PF is associated with.
Kindly check this –
Bengaluru (Electronic City) – 7204453662 , +916261212971,
very informative and useful, thanks!
I was employee of Motorola in Jun2012 to Jun 2013 My pf was deducted by Motorola how can i check with EPFO office at that time no UAN was provided pl help me
Are you currently employed and contributing to EPF Scheme?
Well organized and related details covered together. Keep up the good work @relakhs.com
ITS VERY VERY HELPFUL THANK YOU MUCH
Thanks for the appreciation dear Abhishek ..
Keep visiting ReLakhs.com!
Hi can I get your contact details as I need help , I have two UAN numbers & total PF amount is not correct as per my salary slips, I won’t mind paying for your services but I want to sort this out . You can drop me a mail firstname.lastname@example.org
I do not provide any paid service.
You can submit a grievance request to the EFO via this link and ask for Annexure-K, which will give you all the details about the transactions in EPF account (statement).
You gave each and every detail bro! Thankful to you.
Thank you dear Dhanraj .. Keep visiting ReLakhs.com!
But, when I followed these steps, it doesn’t display anything when I click on search entering captcha. Tried with Infosys also for example as shown in above pictures, but doesn’t work. Any suggestions please?
I have just tried the same and its working, able to see the required details as given in the above article.
May I know if you are receiving any error message while performing the search..??
Great information, taken out your important time which is now very useful to us. Thanks for your time and valuable information again.
I like your blog. It is very interesting and informative. I always prefer and appreciate this type of post which is really beneficial for me as well as others. Really useful points, helped me a lot.
Hii, Nice post such a valuable information thanks for that such valuable information keep up the good word.
Thanks for posting such a nice article. But Mr. Reddy, can you just explain why EPFO is not crediting interest for 2017-18 till today. Statement showing no interest credited as of now. Why is this? Members are bit worried.
Generally, the EPFO pays the interest dues by June-July every financial year.
Even I am not sure for the delay.
You may post your grievance to the EPFO online ..visit this link..
Nice to see u after such a long gap
Pls write post on mutual funds scenario for 2018
Yeah, had been busy with important and unavoidable personal commitments!
I had recently published an article on ‘Best Mutual Funds 2018’, you may kindly go through it.
@ Best Mutual Funds 2018-19 | Top Equity Funds post SEBI’s Reclassification
Will try to publish latest review on MFs by End of this year.
Thanks for your prompt reply
Nice article, informative & well written