The Unified Member Portal maintained by the EPFO is a popular online facility being used by thousands of EPF members on a daily basis. To avail the online services that are available in the EPF member portal, it is very important to have your mobile number linked and registered with EPF UAN Account.
For example, let’s say you join a new company and would like to transfer your funds in old EPF account to the newly opened EPF account.
In this case, you can submit online EPF transfer request through Unified Member Portal. To complete this online transfer claim request, you need to use the OTP pin that is sent to your registered mobile number with EPFO.
So, it is very important to have your correct and up-to-date mobile number linked to your EPF UAN Account.
In case, you have changed your mobile number then how to update it in EPF member portal online? What if you have forgotten your UAN login password and also changed / lost registered mobile number? How to update your EPF UAN Account Mobile number online? – Let’s discuss….
How to change Mobile Number registered in EPF UAN Account online?
If you know and remember your UAN login credentials (password) but would like to just change / update a new mobile number in UAN then kindly follow the below procedure;
- Visit EPFO’s Unified Member portal.
- Login with your UAN number and Password.
- Click on ‘Manage’ tab and select ‘Contact Details’ option to change your contact details.
- If you wish to change your mobile number, check the option ‘change mobile no’. Kindly enter your new mobile number in the relevant fields. Click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’. (If you wish to update/change your registered email-Id, you can also find this option here itself.)
- An OTP is sent to your new mobile number, key it in the respective field in the next window and click on ‘Save changes’ button.
- You will get the below message on screen.
How to update EPF UAN Account Mobile number online? (Forgot Password & Mobile Number Changed – Scenario)
The above online procedure is useful if you remember the UAN password and would like to just update the registered mobile number.
In case, you would like to change your registered mobile number with EPFO but forgotten your UAN login password then kindly follow the below online procedure;
- Visit EPFO’s Unified Member portal- Login Page.
- Click on ‘Forgot Password’.
- In the next window, you need to enter your ‘UAN’ & Captcha code and then click on ‘Submit’ button.
- In the next window, your existing Mobile number that is linked to UAN is displayed. If you wish to just change the password (in case the displayed mobile number is active), click on ‘Yes’ to receive the OTP. You can use this OTP to re-set or change your UAN Login password.
- In the next window, you need to enter your personal details like – Name, Date of Birth and Gender details as in UAN and then click on ‘Verify’ button.
- If the details entered by you match with the records available with the EPFO then you will have to further validate your details against either Aadhaar or PAN card number. Key-in your document number and click on ‘Verify’ button.
- If details are validated successfully, you can input your (new) mobile number and click on ‘Get OTP’ button. Enter the OTP to update your mobile number at EPF UAN.
- In case the details entered does not match with the details available with the EPFO then ‘verification failed message’ gets displayed. You then need to contact your employer or EPFO, get the correct UAN details and change your mobile number.
I believe that the above (second) process will work only if your KYC (Aadhaar / PAN) details have been provided, linked and verified in your UAN account.
Continue reading :
- EPF UAN Name Correction online | How to update your Personal details in UAN? |New procedure
- How to verify PAN online in EPF UAN Member portal?
- How to link your Aadhaar number to EPF UAN online?
(Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)
(Post first published on : 19-April-2018)